HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Chuck Todd can bite me.
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:24 AM

Chuck Todd can bite me.

Watching his show opening this morning...he's going on about how 93 percent of House repukes got re-elected by at least a 55 percent margin and how this makes it tough for Obama re: fiscal cliff negotiations cuz he only got elected with 51 percent of the vote.

Yeah...so?

You conveniently forget Chuckie that Dems actually won the raw popular vote in the house by 400 thousand votes, and that the Dems picked up two seats in the senate and now hold effectively a 55 - 45 edge. Not to mention the very fact that Obama campaigned on his plank of taxing the top two percent a little more and the people said yes. Over 4 million more people voted for him than for Romney, who said no way to higher taxes for the rich.

So Charlie, how is it harder for Obama to get what he wants again?

9 replies, 978 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chuck Todd can bite me. (Original post)
ClusterFreak Nov 2012 OP
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 #1
ClusterFreak Nov 2012 #3
CTyankee Nov 2012 #6
spanone Nov 2012 #2
chillfactor Nov 2012 #4
GoCubsGo Nov 2012 #5
ClusterFreak Nov 2012 #9
KharmaTrain Nov 2012 #7
RevStPatrick Nov 2012 #8

Response to ClusterFreak (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:26 AM

1. A Gerrymandered 55% means nothing! nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kelliekat44 (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:27 AM

3. Exactly!

Reply to this post

Response to kelliekat44 (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:51 AM

6. They don't seem to get it, do they? First they take over state leges in order to gerrymander

and then they gerrymander to rig the system so they can get a majority of House seats. Very clever, I have to hand it to them for thinking this thing through. So of course they strut around acting like they have a mandate from "the people." Joe Scar likes to talk about this too.

We simply have to start taking back some state leges and reversing this gerrymandering...

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:27 AM

2. listening to the gov bob mcdonnell, you'd think republicans swept the elections

these fuckers are obscene

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:31 AM

4. Chuck Todd is a horse's ass....

I cannot stand the jerk......I watch CNN in the morning until Joe and Chuck are off the air....then I switch to MSNBC

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:35 AM

5. You don't want him to bite you.

Not unless you had your rabies series, a tetanus booster, and have a prescription for heavy-duty antibiotics. God only knows what else is in his filthy mouth .

The only Democratic congressman in my state, Jim Clyburn, was elected with 95% of the vote, Schmuckie. His opponent was an independent, not a republican, you dumbass. In SOUTH CAROLINA. Look up the word "gerrymandering", you imbecile.

Reply to this post

Response to GoCubsGo (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:30 AM

9. Now that you mention it...

...I have been frothing at the mouth a little lately! That's a sign of rabies isn't it?

That rat bastard has been rummaging around in my compost bin too! Take your White House Soup of the Day and cram it Chuckie!

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:54 AM

7. A Valid Point...

...and I rarely defend Chuckles but he was explaining the problem Boner will have in getting any tax hikes passed by the teabaggers and those afraid of them in the House. He's pointing out that a lot of rushpublicans are isolated in very red districts and don't give a rat's ass about how many votes President Obama won by and that many won re-election by large margin...

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 AM

8. He exists soley to piss you off.

Studies show that people who are agitated are much more open to suggestion (advertisements) and are more likely to go out and buy something to make themselves feel better.

Mission Accomplished!!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread