HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Karen Handel vs. Saxby Ch...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 08:04 PM

Karen Handel vs. Saxby Chambliss? Itís possible

Friends of former secretary of state Karen Handel tell us that Rob Simms, once her chief of staff Ė now a D.C. media consultant, wasnít blowing smoke when he said Handel was considering a 2014 challenge to U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss.

She is.

Simms dropped Handelís name last week in a Weekly Standard roundup of potential primary rivals to Chambliss Ė a well-timed piece, given the senatorís decision to renew his fight with Grover Norquist as the Thanksgiving recess began. Other possibilities included U.S. Reps. Tom Price, R-Roswell; Paul Broun, R-Athens; and Tom Graves, R-Ranger. (U.S. Rep. Phil Gingrey sent word to Chambliss and state GOP Chairman Sue Everhart weeks ago that heís not considering it.)

Over at PeachPundit.com, Charlie Harper has a few thoughts on Chamblissí situation Ė as does Jason Pye. But letís do some realistic handicapping here as well.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2012/11/26/karen-handel-vs-saxby-chambliss-its-possible/

1 replies, 553 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Karen Handel vs. Saxby Chambliss? Itís possible (Original post)
RandySF Nov 2012 OP
Hoyt Nov 2012 #1

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 08:56 PM

1. Who knows who would win, but winner will be a callous bigot I'll bet you.

Price and Broun are just as worthless, if not more so. Don't know other folks, but I'm sure they are just as ignorant and bigoted.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread