HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Bill Press is keeping it ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 05:52 PM

Bill Press is keeping it ‘Current’

(snip)
Democratic strategist and former Media Matters president Eric Burns — part of a group the show dubs “friends of Bill,” those who will come on for a full hour and serve as a kind of sidekick to Press — said that for progressives and Democrats, the “word is getting out that Current TV in the mornings is the place to go.”

“Bill has the ability to bring on very, very senior members of Congress, White House press corps journalists, pundits, movement leaders – folks that you just don’t see on other morning shows with that kind of regularity,” Burns said. “It’s not just the New York glitterati or the five pundits on the network. It’s the actual people that are involved in the day-to-day decision making and events of what happens in Washington.”

In addition to talking up the liberal policies he supports — such as pushing for the government to do more on gun control, global warming, same-sex marriage and health care reform — Press also gives time to everything from medical ethics to the intersection of faith and politics to sports. And with his 6 a.m. start, he said, “I’ve got the first crack at the news. I give the first slant on the news, and give people the opportunity to take their first shot at the news. It’s all fresh.”

(snip)
And there are some commentators whose word he thinks is plain “bulls—-,” Press told POLITICO - and, perhaps not surprisingly, he said he hears a lot of BS from conservative hosts. “I think that you get more of a propaganda factor in right-wing talk than in left-wing talk,” he said, adding that “you’ll find on the left people willing to be more critical of their own.”

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=62A270AF-3EA1-4F37-8E47-DEF3EE138237

0 replies, 475 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread