HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sacramento bans outdoor c...

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:00 PM

Sacramento bans outdoor cultivation of medicinal marijuana

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento city leaders got an earful Tuesday night from medicinal marijuana advocates and others who said the plants have brought crime and other problems to their neighborhoods.

The Sacramento City Council voted to ban outdoor cultivation of medical marijuana after hearing from more than a dozen people who signed up to speak.

While some feared the ban would hurt poor patients, others called the law a good accommodation for all sides.

"They're going to absolutely stop me from getting medicine at all, and that's why I'm a little overwhelmed," said Sioux Colombe, who opposed the ordinance.

City leaders pointed out, some residents have also complained about a strong odor from the plants, which also prompted the move to ban outdoor medical pot grows in the city.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/217714/2/Sacramento-council-votes-to-ban-outdoor-pot-growth

Wonder if they should ban smoking it in apartments/duplexes/etc because the smell might bother some people.

10 replies, 1816 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sacramento bans outdoor cultivation of medicinal marijuana (Original post)
The Straight Story Nov 2012 OP
Moonwalk Nov 2012 #1
BlueToTheBone Nov 2012 #2
Moonwalk Nov 2012 #5
TeamPooka Nov 2012 #3
Bennyboy Nov 2012 #4
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #6
shanti Nov 2012 #8
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #9
shanti Nov 2012 #10
Le Taz Hot Nov 2012 #7

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:05 PM

1. So if I lived in Sacramento I couldn't grow it in my garden, but I could still grow it...

...in my bathtub?

And if all those outdoor growers get hot houses or tents...does it still count as outdoors?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Moonwalk (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:11 PM

2. I wondered about a greenhouse too.

That would be considered indoors, I would think.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueToTheBone (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 09:33 PM

5. The weed should grow as good if not better in a hothouse....

...Heck, I've seen amazing (if small) amounts of crops grown in closets.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:42 PM

3. I don't like the smell of pizza. It bothers me. Can we ban that now please?

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:49 PM

4. I live here and

this is just another way to demonize and illegalize the plant. Grow indoors, what about the smell? IT has to go somewhere and without more venting etc, it is still gonna be there.

What about the "--------- rigged" electrical systems and fire possibilities? Cuz that is gonna happen, I never knew a grower that had up to code lights installed. And I Know a LOT OF GROWERS.

I know a lot of people that are four plants in the backyard people and this is gonna cost them to set up. One won't becasue his yard, in the home he owns, is the only place he can grow.

I do agree though that there have been a lot of crimes associated with outdoors grows, thefts, home invasions etc over the years, but it seems a limit would be more in line than an outright ban.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 11:13 PM

6. i don't get it. why would growing it outside bring more crime than growing it

outside?

seems it's meant to discriminate against those who can't afford grow-light set-ups.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #6)

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 12:37 AM

8. supposedly because you can smell it

(i live in sacramento)

Reply to this post

Response to shanti (Reply #8)

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 01:28 AM

9. and that drives people to crime?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #9)

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 02:38 AM

10. thieves will be thieves

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 12:32 AM

7. Our City Council did the same thing.

However, if you camouflage your plants, don't get greedy and grow only a few plants, pull the plants when they start stainkin' AND don't have lots of traffic coming in and out of your house, LE doesn't give a shit. The eye in the sky spot mine every year and they never bother me. It's the people who don't adhere to those practices that get busted or ripped off.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread