HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Both Benghazi And The Pet...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 06:52 AM

Both Benghazi And The Petraeus Scandal Suggest US Media Is Way Too Cozy With The State

http://www.businessinsider.com/benghazi-petraeus-debacles-illustrate-how-media-is-way-too-cozy-with-the-state-2012-11

If there is just one lesson to take away from the Benghazi and Petraeus affairs it's that the American media is way too cozy with heads of state.

Immediately following the Benghazi crisis, U.S. media did its due diligence and flexed its sources, anonymous and otherwise, to uncover the truth about the attack but then they purposely failed report the details because of requests from the CIA and the Obama administration.

Michael Calderon of The Huffington Post reports that the AP, The New York Times and The Washington Post all withheld information at the behest of the CIA. Calderon also details how other news outlets failed to mention the true ties of CIA contractors Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/benghazi-petraeus-debacles-illustrate-how-media-is-way-too-cozy-with-the-state-2012-11#ixzz2D8kmOSon

7 replies, 767 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Both Benghazi And The Petraeus Scandal Suggest US Media Is Way Too Cozy With The State (Original post)
xchrom Nov 2012 OP
WinkyDink Nov 2012 #1
MADem Nov 2012 #3
Fumesucker Nov 2012 #2
1StrongBlackMan Nov 2012 #4
hobbit709 Nov 2012 #5
1StrongBlackMan Nov 2012 #7
LineLineNew Reply I
John2 Nov 2012 #6

Response to xchrom (Original post)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 06:56 AM

1. Oh, REALLY?! Because JUDITH MILLER IS TO BE FORGOTTEN?? GMA*B.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 07:38 AM

3. Point made! nt

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 07:06 AM

2. It's not for nothing that they call it "The Village"

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:42 AM

4. So am I to understand ...

that you have no problem exposing CIA (and other undercover) operatives, or exposing CIA (and other agencies') operations as they are occurring? Really?

Reply to this post

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #4)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:44 AM

5. I wouldn't call the head of the CIA an "undercover operative"

Even if he was involved in a sex scandal.

Reply to this post

Response to hobbit709 (Reply #5)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:11 PM

7. I think you either ...

Mis-understood my point or did not read the link.

Reply to this post

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #4)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 09:03 AM

6. I

do have a problem with it but when you are dealing with snakes in the other Party to bring down your Administration, take is another matter. If the story is true, then the Obama Administration was doing exactly what McCain and others in his Party wanted, but they were doing it covertly if the President knew what the CIA was doing. And if they were doing it covertly to overthrow governments, they really can't point fingers at others, such as the Iranians. That amounts to hypocracy. The Obama Administration is within its rights to carry out U.S. Foreign Policy though in U.S. Interests or what they see is U.S. Interests. Covert operations are what the CIA does like any other Intelligiance agency. It is part of the military.

This also goes to the role of Ambassador Stevens and the facts. If the above scenario is true, then Stevens was up to his waist in CIA operations, which is more than being just an Ambassador. Maybe his family knew Steven's role also. Confiscating that diary before an FBI investigation by a CNN correspondent must have been important. That same CNN correspondent was also in Iraq before that country was over taken also. That does give some questions about people in the media, playing dual roles. The only way that CNN correspondent could have obtained that diary after the attack, is if the CIA allowed it or someone in the CIA passed it to them. President Obama is putting Bush appointees in the CIA, which could backfire on him. They could be doing secret operations to overthrow his Administration. They are snakes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread