HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fact checking current lie...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 06:52 AM

Fact checking current lies I am hearing about Hillary and other faux stuff, and their OOPS moments

I am hearing far too often in the media, in letters to the editor and opeds and all

Lie Number one-
Hillary is too old, too tired, and all that hokum. We need a young face, hey we need the much younger Elizabeth Warren

OOOOOPPPPS
Elizabeth Warren like Hillary is AARP age. And by the election Hillary and Elizabeth both could collect SS. They are within months of the same age.

And in general, ageism is the same no-no as is sexism, homophobia, and racism and anti-semitism.

LIE EXPOSED.

Lie Number two-
I am hearing far too often the word Chicago is a code word for something sinister.
NO, Chicago is MY kinda town as (c)VanHuesen and Cahn wrote.(see #3)

LIE EXPOSED

Lie Number three-
Community activists are bad
NO, community activists are good, and the best run campaign was done in 2012 by a community activist and many others who collectively built it and it originated IN CHICAGO

oops.

Another lie exposed

President Obama only won because of some anarcaic worthy of jail hacker
OOPS

see the above two.
Obama won becausse the voters voted FOR him, not against someone else and the community activists got out the vote. Whereas the other side only got lies and propaganda from their faux media until election night, when the others, thinking of their foxless future, decided to value their own careers post fox and tell the truth and actually report the truth without the lies.
OOPS

Another lie exposed

feel free to add to the list.

4 replies, 732 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fact checking current lies I am hearing about Hillary and other faux stuff, and their OOPS moments (Original post)
graham4anything Nov 2012 OP
Bluenorthwest Nov 2012 #1
Frustratedlady Nov 2012 #2
Bluenorthwest Nov 2012 #3
graham4anything Nov 2012 #4

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:01 AM

1. I'm not actually 'hearing' any of this nor reading it. If someone said to me that

Hillary was too old, I'd have to point out to the Republicans that she's 7 months younger than Mittens and to the Democrats that she's 5 years younger than Joe Biden....then I'd strongly suggest that such comments on her age seem to be more sexist than ageist, due to the age of her male counterparts and potential primary opponents...
It is an argument lacking in merit and tainted with gender bias.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:30 AM

2. And, you might also add that the comments against Hillary and her age don't include...

that the tired look may just have to do with all the traveling and negotiating she has had to do to keep their butts safe.

These armchair critics don't have the sense to come in out of the rain, let alone handle the huge job Hillary has. Oh, yes...I failed to include the dangerous situations she has walked into, not to mention the stress. They don't have a clue.

Reply to this post

Response to Frustratedlady (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:58 AM

3. That is not something I'd notice nor something anyone I know would say...

Most of the people I know are used to mega travel careers themselves, so the look of working hard during extreme transit is well known to us and not easily confused with general exhaustion. She does not look tired, she looks jet lagged and fully engaged which is what a 30 year old looks like when working that way and that hard.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 10:52 AM

4. You guys haven't been reading this board-all those above came from posters right here at DU

and I have defended Hillary on each and every one of them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread