HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » (rightwing) KKLA radio ho...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:29 PM

(rightwing) KKLA radio host, former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Frank Pastore in coma

wow. This guy is on LA radio - Christian rightwing, Didn't know he'd been in accident. I wish him and his family well.

Popular Christian radio personality and former professional baseball pitcher Frank Pastore remained in critical condition and in a coma Wednesday following a motorcycle crash in Duarte earlier this week, family members and officials said.

Pastore, a 55-year-old Upland resident and Alhambra native, was seriously injured when his Honda Shadow motorcycle was struck in the carpool lane by a Hyundai Sonata being driven by a 56-year-old Glendora woman just after 7:30 p.m. Monday, California Highway Patrol officials said.

He remained hospitalized in critical condition in an intensive care unit at Los Angeles County-USC Medial Center, hospital spokeswoman Rosa Saca said.

Pastore's wife of 34 years, Gina, said her husband was in a coma.

"Right now, he's still in critical condition and we're remaining hopeful for a good outcome. It's such a fresh injury that we're still not sure. It's a roller coaster," Gina Pastore said. "He's a man of strong faith. He's prepared to go be with the Lord if that's what God desires."

The family said they remain hopeful 36 hours into Pastore's injury.

"My faith is unshaken," Gina Pastore said. "I'm obviously very upset by what's happened to my husband, but my faith is as strong as it ever was."

Pastore was travelling east on the 210 Freeway, just east of Buena Vista, when the crash occurred, CHP Sgt. Kurt Stormes said. The Hyundai driver was travelling to his right in the No. 2 lane.
Advertisement

"For unknown reasons, she lost control of her Hyundai and veered toward the left into the carpool lane and struck the motorcycle," Stormes said.

Pastore was thrown from the motorcycle and struck the center divider, suffering major head injuries, officials said. Authorities flew him to the hospital by helicopter.

Read more: http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_22042681/kkla-radio-host-former-cincinnati-reds-pitcher-frank#ixzz2CuHi1Tho

5 replies, 1132 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply (rightwing) KKLA radio host, former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Frank Pastore in coma (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Nov 2012 OP
MrSlayer Nov 2012 #1
Drunken Irishman Nov 2012 #2
southernyankeebelle Nov 2012 #3
Liberal_in_LA Nov 2012 #4
southernyankeebelle Nov 2012 #5

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:34 PM

1. Must……resist……obvious……punch line.

Not easy.

Hopefully he recovers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:37 PM

2. Wow. He's really taking Obama's win hard...

Kidding, of course. Best of luck. Regardless of politics, situations like this are never easy. My dad died two years ago today after slipping into a coma. It was the most difficult moment of my life.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:40 PM

3. Was he wearing a helmet? I didn't see in the article. I wish him well even if he is a rightwinger.

I don't wish anyone bad things to happen.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:43 PM

4. I wondered about the helmet also.

Reply to this post

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:48 PM

5. Yep, I was wondering and I bet it wouldn't have been as bad if he had worn one. None

the less it is very sad.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread