HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I just believe that the P...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:21 AM

I just believe that the President is too smart and much smarter then the GOP to be distracted from

his economic agenda because of the Susan Rice issue. Everyone with a brain, and that includes the GOP, knows that Susan Rice was not to blame for the misleading info about Benghazi. Ms Rice has a brilliant mind and character as demonstrated by her academic and political accomplishments and she need not prove herself to anyone. This entire charade is designed to embarrass the President, if not an attempt to blame him for what happened in Benghazi. It is painfully obvious that little blame is being cast at the Secretary of State who actually has direct responsibility over our consulates everywhere. Not that they (GOP) like MS. Clinton any better but they know that a direct attack on Susan Rice is closer to blaming the President. The GOP desperately wants a WIN over this President and they willing to throw any shit up against the wall to have something stick.

So, my advice to the President, (if he asked for it) would be to go through the investigation by Congress, largely ignoring them, name someone else as the nominee to SOS (Kerry or even a moderate GOP or Independent) and let the GOP BELIEVE they forced you to not name Ms. Rice as a choice. Them swiftly move on. Ms. Rice will not suffer politically or career wise. Her headaches will be over as she carries on numerous media interviews and speaking engagements when her service to the government is over. They just made her an instant millionaire and untouchable by further ignorant GOP and RW ravings.

7 replies, 625 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply I just believe that the President is too smart and much smarter then the GOP to be distracted from (Original post)
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 OP
Jennicut Nov 2012 #1
Jackpine Radical Nov 2012 #2
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 #3
Jackpine Radical Nov 2012 #5
TheKentuckian Nov 2012 #6
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 #7
TheKentuckian Nov 2012 #4

Response to kelliekat44 (Original post)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:26 AM

1. Why hurt Susan Rice? She did nothing wrong.

There is no evidence she did anything wrong. And if President Obama wants her as the next SOS, he shouldn't let the GOP make his decision for him. The Repubs will fight the President over everything. They learned nothing from the election.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kelliekat44 (Original post)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:26 AM

2. Why let the assholes think they won one?

It'll only encourage more misbehavior in the future.

Qu'ils mangent de la merde.

Let them eat shit.

Reply to this post

Response to Jackpine Radical (Reply #2)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:35 AM

3. Earstern warefare principles...give your enemy a way to save face...

How do we even know that Ms. Rice wants that headache?

Reply to this post

Response to kelliekat44 (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:48 AM

5. Yes, I too have read Sun Tzu, but it doesn't really apply here.

The notion of leaving your enemy an escape route is intended to prevent them from going into cornered-rat mode.

The present instance is better modeled as an instrumental-learning paradigm. Appearing to give in serves as a reinforcer for the undesired behavior and strengthens it, which is to say, it makes them appear powerful to their moronic followers. You only want to reinforce desirable behaviors.

As for Rice wanting the job, they wouldn't be offering it if they hadn't already checked that out with her.

Reply to this post

Response to kelliekat44 (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:49 AM

6. Why should they save face instead of eating shit? Their faces should be blotted out

and they should be utterly broken, their ashes spread far and their earth salted.

I don't care about Rice and am not suggesting her nomination for anything but rather if the desire is to nominate her then truck the fuckers

Their behavior has far too often been rewarded and it buys nothing from them but more brazen stupidity, bigger lies, more cheating and disenfranchisement, more wealth funneled to the few, more wars and death, a hotter planet with less diverse life, and more poverty.

Reply to this post

Response to TheKentuckian (Reply #6)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 02:24 PM

7. Eye for eye leaves both parties blind.

Reply to this post

Response to Jackpine Radical (Reply #2)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:41 AM

4. I like that and it is pitch perfect. Not in love with Rice but "letting them think they won"

seems pointless, stupid, and is an encouragement for more antics and bullying.

The suggestion to nominate a "moderate" TeaPubliKlan (whatever that is) is essentially say they should be rewarding for acting a donkey.

Appeasement is not productive.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread