HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Heartless Romney donors a...

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 10:47 PM

Heartless Romney donors angrily called Christie in the days after the storm

Un-friggin-believable:

But in the days after the storm, Mr. Christie and his advisers were startled to hear from out-of-state donors to Mr. Romney, who had little interest in the hurricane and viewed him solely as a campaign surrogate, demanding to know why he had stood so close to the president on a tarmac. One of them questioned why he had boarded Mr. Obama’s helicopter, according to people briefed on the conversations.

It did not help that Mr. Romney had not called Mr. Christie during those first few days, people close to the governor say.

How selfish and heartless can these people be?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/us/politics/after-embrace-of-obama-chris-christie-woos-a-wary-gop.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

13 replies, 1429 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply Heartless Romney donors angrily called Christie in the days after the storm (Original post)
democrattotheend Nov 2012 OP
flamingdem Nov 2012 #1
WiffenPoof Nov 2012 #2
democrattotheend Nov 2012 #4
satxdem Nov 2012 #9
jmowreader Nov 2012 #13
Sadiedog Nov 2012 #3
xfundy Nov 2012 #5
democrattotheend Nov 2012 #6
TheKentuckian Nov 2012 #7
democrattotheend Nov 2012 #8
Dark n Stormy Knight Nov 2012 #10
no_hypocrisy Nov 2012 #11
democrattotheend Nov 2012 #12

Response to democrattotheend (Original post)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 10:52 PM

1. I hope he told them to f*ck off

Joisey style.. I don't want to like him, yet he's likeable for a pug

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to flamingdem (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 10:54 PM

2. Knowing Christie.,..

...he probably did.

Reply to this post

Response to WiffenPoof (Reply #2)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 11:06 PM

4. Never thought I'd find myself cheering for him

But if he told those guys to f*ck off, I might even consider voting for him.

Of course, once I think about how anti-union he is and how he has worked to dismantle affordable housing in New Jersey, I wouldn't. But I have a lot more respect for him than I did before Sandy.

Reply to this post

Response to flamingdem (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 01:22 AM

9. and

Yet he still said Romney is a good man, his friend, the best man to lead the country, and he still voted for him. He isn't as bold as I thought

Reply to this post

Response to satxdem (Reply #9)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:52 AM

13. He almost had to

If he hadn't, Rove was going to send him on a ride between two Italian businessmen, at least politically.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 11:03 PM

3. What jerk offs!

It would be nice if there was more media attention focused on this showcasing how despicable these people are!

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 11:09 PM

5. "How selfish and heartless can these people be?"

Have their platform and statements on file not been proof enough?

We, the people, un-and underemployed as we may be, are NOTHING to the repigs. NOTHING. They don't care if we die. Stupidly, though, because we are the only thing holding their asses out of sheer destruction, and personally, I don't give a fuck what happens to them now.

Commence eating the rich. Don't forget to check their cabinets for delicious sauces and marinades in which to roast them. And wine.

Reply to this post

Response to xfundy (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 11:31 PM

6. Not all rich people are evil

I am all for higher taxes on rich people, but this statement goes way, way too far:
"Commence eating the rich. Don't forget to check their cabinets for delicious sauces and marinades in which to roast them. And wine."

Just because people have been successful doesn't mean they are not human beings. It's comments like this that make this place feel like as much of a hate site as freerepublic and other right wing blogs sometimes.

Reply to this post

Response to democrattotheend (Reply #6)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:38 AM

7. All the money in the world doesn't make one successful, it makes one have a pile of money

You also don't get to pass off the damage done by those that have waged over a generation of class demolition, the anger is well earned and the extraction and stripmining of our people, habitat, and resources seems to be unabated.

Reply to this post

Response to TheKentuckian (Reply #7)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:49 AM

8. What about people like the president, who started out with nothing

and became rich and successful because of their own abilities and tenacity and courage?

What about people like my grandfather, who grew up in a poor section of Brooklyn but managed to work his way through college, get a job as a journalist, and managed to live frugally enough that they could save my grandmother's whole part-time salary and live on his income, and now has a comfortable nest egg for retirement? I don't think he ever "extracted" or "stripmined" anyone to get where he is.

What about people like George Soros, who have given generously from their wealth to progressive causes?

Are they all evil greedy bastards who deserve to be roasted with the sauces in their cabinets?

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 02:52 AM

10. Even more selfish and heartless than this story indicates, sadly. These are some self-absorbed, self

aggrandizing filthy rich mofos. The damage they have inflicted on the nation is clear, and it's not pretty.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 06:58 AM

11. So basically, these rich Romney donors wanted my 90 year old father

to sit in the dark from 5 pm to 7:30 am, without heat, without transportation indefinitely during and after The Storm, in order to get Christie back with "the Program" and back on the campaign trail and to refuse to work with the President to get things up and running again.

Now it's really personal to me.

Reply to this post

Response to no_hypocrisy (Reply #11)

Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:48 AM

12. To me too

I live in Lower Manhattan, and while I was very fortunate to have gotten out before the storm, a lot of people I know didn't. Some people I go to school with still don't have power, and many more are without their regular transportation to school. I don't think people from outside NY, especially those who live in suburbs or rural areas, understand the impact of a storm like this in a city where over half of the residents do not own cars.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread