HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The spectacularly damagin...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:48 PM

The spectacularly damaging Rush Limbaugh Effect illustrated in two stock charts and a video

The spectacularly damaging Rush Limbaugh Effect illustrated in two stock charts and a video

Radio networks Dial Global and Cumulus are feeling the impact of the advertiser boycott triggered by Rush Limbaugh's February/March "slut" tirade against Sandra Fluke. Both companies have publicly blamed Rush Limbaugh for their dire financial circumstances.

Dial Global mentioned three causes for their financial disaster, with Limbaugh one of the three. While the proportions of specific responsibility are difficult to ascertain, Dial Global has asserted that the troubles began the day after Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke.

More Rush Limbaugh, here.

9 replies, 1131 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to richardmyers (Original post)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:53 PM

1. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:09 PM

2. In the low-margin restaurant industry, the same will happen. People have choices.

Advertisers and marketing personnel understand the nuances...bloviating CEOs or shock jocks, not so much. The operative word is consumer choice. And once a brand has soiled its name for whatever purpose, it's territory they can't walk back. Eating local is not that big of a shift for the consumer. I just feel badly for the employees and hope that (along with Obamacare) they increase business at the local eateries and will translate into jobs.

Reply to this post

Response to libdem4life (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:23 PM

3. It's the national RL sponsors who we should be concerned about. nt

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:07 PM

4. Absolutely, but many on the list don't affect our daily life..non-listeners and all. Just suggesting

that changing habits in the things we can, given obvious retail, and in my post, restaurant/fast food targets, may be socially helpful.

Reply to this post

Response to libdem4life (Reply #4)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:35 PM

6. Oh, I DO hear that! Waited table for a couple of decades, off and on, myself. nt

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #6)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 03:45 PM

8. Back in the ancient days, I judged a date's or friend's character by the tip left,

regardless of "service" or other lame excuses. Now days, I just make it right. There is a special place in Heaven for waitresses and waiters.

Reply to this post

Response to libdem4life (Reply #8)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 04:28 PM

9. That's also where this little lower-middleclass cupcake first had close contact with Black Americans

in those restaurant kitchens, where I had to learn how to get along with them.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:10 PM

5. Good. I hope they go out of business.

They deserve payback for giving that worthless blowhard a public platform.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:38 PM

7. Oh, please. Everyone knows boycotts don't work.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread