HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » FBI Raid 'Excessive &...

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 06:46 AM

FBI Raid 'Excessive & Dangerous,' Homeowner Says

A college student was injured during an FBI raid Thursday morning in District Heights, Md. Agents were executing a search warrant at a home in the 6700 block of Kipling Parkway when the SWAT team "felt threatened" by a woman in the home, authorities said.

Homeowner Emory Hughley, a former military service member, was present at the incident. He told News4's Jackie Bensen that one agent fired at his 18-year-old daughter, Myasia, at least seven times with a semi-automatic weapon.

Hughley said his son and two of Myasia's friends were also in the house when a SWAT team of about 15 agents, fully clad in riot gear, forcibly entered the split-level home around 6 a.m.

Hughley said he didn't know what the search warrant was for, but that the family didn't keep guns in their home. The FBI's Washington Field Office would not specify what the warrant was for, and haven't provided any further information. But Hughley feels that the amount of force which agents opened home was excessive and dangerous, he told Bensen. The brick wall has multiple bullet holes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49836434/ns/local_news-washington_dc/#.UKoa4Weltkg

SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl

Members of a SWAT team opened fire on an unarmed teenage girl this week when police officers outside of Washington, DC attempted to serve an early morning search warrant.

Myasia Hughley, 18, is recovering from flesh wounds following Thursday morning’s events in District Heights, Maryland. She was asleep in her bedroom at her family house when 15 FBI SWAT agents stormed the house with guns drawn....Myasia didn’t have a gun, though, nor did any other member of the Hughley household...

“I’ve got eight holes in my wall. One bullet went past my head, almost hit me, ricocheted off my brick wall and some of the shrap metal hit my little daughter in the back of her neck, all for nothing.”

The Hughleys are now asking for answers from the FBI, but so far the authorities have stayed silent as to why they were raiding the home. Mr. Hughley says a day later that he has yet to be told why his house was visited in the early morning hours by more than a dozen heavily armed FBI agents other than they were executing a search warrant. The FBI’s Washington Field Office has deferred from answering pleas from the press to explain what the judge-approved order was for.

http://rt.com/usa/news/swat-teenage-girl-hughley-906/

13 replies, 1897 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:16 AM

1. Don't they have to show you the search warrant?

Dude should get a lawyer and get to the bottom of this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Warren Stupidity (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:21 AM

2. i thought so. but maybe if it's swat it's super-secret.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:32 AM

6. "attempted to serve an early morning search warrant."

Reply to this post

Response to Warren Stupidity (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:31 AM

4. You'd assume; but even so, this isn't the major outrage, to me at least! Firing at a KID?!

Reply to this post

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:33 AM

7. i think the police actually fire at kids fairly often. all those distinctions are disappearing;

the whole prosecute them as adults thing.

Reply to this post

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:37 AM

8. Absolutely.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:21 AM

3. Why is this news??

Did it happen to rich people this time?

Reply to this post

Response to RandiFan1290 (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:32 AM

5. it just barely is. i originally found it in rt (considered a bad source here) & i had

to search long and hard to find the corroboration.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:33 AM

9. The police are out of control!

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:11 AM

10. How can it be that the home owner does not know the contents of the warrant?

This kind of shit must stop.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 08:26 PM

11. Gee, only the government is responsible enough to have guns.

Right?

Reply to this post

Response to PavePusher (Reply #11)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:50 AM

12. Gee how dead would these people be if they attempted to defend themselves?

Reply to this post

Response to Warren Stupidity (Reply #12)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 09:17 AM

13. Perhaps, people should not have to fear being attacked and murdered by their own government, eh?

Perhaps if the penalties for defending oneself from such an attack were not placed almost solely on the victim Citizens, the government agents would not be so careless or callous.

Perhaps if the Citizens were rewarded, instead of punished, for such self-defense, those government agents might be more careful in their jobs.

I'd be quite supportive of public flogging for these "agents". In the event they kill an innocent person, public drawing and quartering seems a good begining. But I'm merciful like that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread