HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Idea That Some Lives ...

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 12:08 AM

The Idea That Some Lives Matter Less...

61 replies, 8584 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 61 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Idea That Some Lives Matter Less... (Original post)
Turborama Nov 2012 OP
CaliforniaHiker Nov 2012 #1
sheshe2 Nov 2012 #2
WCGreen Nov 2012 #5
sheshe2 Nov 2012 #11
Mojorabbit Nov 2012 #53
LiberalAndProud Nov 2012 #39
UtahLib Nov 2012 #3
NYC Liberal Nov 2012 #4
merrily Nov 2012 #8
flamingdem Nov 2012 #47
The Straight Story Nov 2012 #6
polly7 Nov 2012 #10
aquart Nov 2012 #13
The Straight Story Nov 2012 #14
liberal_at_heart Nov 2012 #17
polly7 Nov 2012 #21
WinkyDink Nov 2012 #30
treestar Nov 2012 #35
WinkyDink Nov 2012 #29
treestar Nov 2012 #36
azurnoir Nov 2012 #46
malaise Nov 2012 #28
polly7 Nov 2012 #15
AtheistCrusader Nov 2012 #16
druidity33 Nov 2012 #23
Scootaloo Nov 2012 #51
druidity33 Nov 2012 #61
lunatica Nov 2012 #25
aquart Nov 2012 #56
lunatica Nov 2012 #57
morningfog Nov 2012 #33
Nevernose Nov 2012 #52
defacto7 Nov 2012 #7
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 #9
DeSwiss Nov 2012 #12
DollarBillHines Nov 2012 #18
Phentex Nov 2012 #37
Lars39 Nov 2012 #40
The Straight Story Nov 2012 #19
liberal_at_heart Nov 2012 #20
Skittles Nov 2012 #22
cali Nov 2012 #24
randome Nov 2012 #38
MrYikes Nov 2012 #26
WinkyDink Nov 2012 #27
panAmerican Nov 2012 #31
Turborama Nov 2012 #34
Octafish Nov 2012 #42
Hydra Nov 2012 #43
Scootaloo Nov 2012 #55
Turborama Nov 2012 #59
Daniel537 Nov 2012 #32
Lionessa Nov 2012 #41
libodem Nov 2012 #44
Dont call me Shirley Nov 2012 #45
McCamy Taylor Nov 2012 #48
Turborama Nov 2012 #54
quakerboy Nov 2012 #49
tavalon Nov 2012 #50
kentuck Nov 2012 #58
Tsiyu Nov 2012 #60

Response to Turborama (Original post)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 12:22 AM

1. Lovely post

Thank you for sharing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CaliforniaHiker (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 12:35 AM

2. Am I the only one that is having problems on DU tonight!!!????

Every post I have gone to has messages overlaying others. There are vertical lines on all the posts....are you having problems?

I was not able to rec this post because your post covered the area???????

Reply to this post

Response to sheshe2 (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:39 AM

5. That has happened to me.....

Reply to this post

Response to WCGreen (Reply #5)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:56 AM

11. Thank you for replying....thought my computer was going a little crazy on me....

Reply to this post

Response to WCGreen (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 12:22 AM

53. happening to me today also

I am on my phone cause my dsl is down. I thought that was why I was having problems. This latest incident has convinced me to get a tablet soon. These old eyes are straining to get my du fix on this little phone!

Reply to this post

Response to sheshe2 (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 11:01 AM

39. Internet Explorer, right?

IIRC, it has to do with Compatibility View. Turn it off or turn it on (don't remember which.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:05 AM

3. One of the most true and most sad statements I have ever read - brought tears to my eyes.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:30 AM

4. K&R. Makes me think of the right's outrage over 4 Americans killed in Libya

but silence as hundreds of thousands of people were killed in Iraq.

Reply to this post

Response to NYC Liberal (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:49 AM

8. The degree of outrage Republicans have depends very much on whether they can use something

against Democrats.

In politics, double standards abound, sadly.

Reply to this post

Response to NYC Liberal (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:19 PM

47. There are no words for that!

I don't think our country has faced what went on over there, no accountability..

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:39 AM

6. Posted this elsewhere, but seems to fit here as well:

&feature=fvwrel

Reply to this post

Response to The Straight Story (Reply #6)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:56 AM

10. That's a tough one to watch. :( nt.

Reply to this post

Response to The Straight Story (Reply #6)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:00 AM

13. No wonder the Israelis are at their wits' end.

Liberals worshiping the arrogant young idiot who died defending a house that was being demolished AS A HUMANE ALTERNATIVE TO AN EYE FOR AN EYE.

Palestinians murder Israelis. Israelis demolish houses. Mind-boggling restraint. But here comes little Rachel to die anyway. Brilliant.

Saint Rachel, protector of real estate.

Reply to this post

Response to aquart (Reply #13)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:11 AM

14. 70 killed this week by Israeli strikes

Sounds a lot like an eye for an eye on crack.

I am sure people in Germany used to see things the same way. After all, they just wanted them to get out of their country and they wouldn't leave. It was not their country. Back in Poland they forced them into ghettos, small areas controlled by the germans - and if they fought back? They were essentially terrorists.

Germany had a right to defend itself right?

I don't hate Israel or it's people, nor do I hate the people of Gaza. When you take peoples' land and they fight back (like the American Indians did) is that a bad thing? Perhaps someday, someone, will break into your house and claim it for their own - and if you fight back? Well, then you are the aggressor.

------------------------------------------------------------
Professor's comparison of Israelis to Nazis stirs furor
The UC Santa Barbara sociologist, who is Jewish, sent images from the Holocaust and from Israel's Gaza offensive to students in his class. He has drawn denunciation and support.

Controversy has erupted at UC Santa Barbara over a professor's decision to send his students an e-mail in which he compared graphic images of Jews in the Holocaust to pictures of Palestinians caught up in Israel's recent Gaza offensive.

The e-mail by tenured sociology professor William I. Robinson has triggered a campus investigation and drawn accusations of anti-Semitism from two national Jewish groups, even as many students and faculty members have voiced support for him.

The uproar began in January when Robinson sent his message -- titled "parallel images of Nazis and Israelis" -- to the 80 students in his sociology of globalization class.

The e-mail contained more than two dozen photographs of Jewish victims of the Nazis, including those of dead children, juxtaposed with nearly identical images from the Gaza Strip. It also included an article critical of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and a note from Robinson.

Letters of support also have arrived from academics across the country, including one from California Scholars for Academic Freedom, which says it represents 100 professors at 20 college campuses. The group argues that the allegations have been raised against Robinson to "silence criticism of Israeli policies and practices."

Some UC Santa Barbara faculty members also are speaking up for Robinson. History professor Harold Marcuse, who attended the March meeting with the ADL's Foxman, said the pictures e-mailed by Robinson were "well within the bounds of appropriateness on campus. It's something I could have used in a course."

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/30/local/me-professor30

Reply to this post

Response to The Straight Story (Reply #14)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:36 AM

17. oh wow I had no idea the loss of land was so bad

Where are these people suppose to go?

Reply to this post

Response to liberal_at_heart (Reply #17)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:53 AM

21. Some suggest into the sea.

In 1948, the greater part of Palestine’s population was forcefully displaced beyond Israel’s pre-1967 sphere of control to clear the way for Israel’s anachronistic pioneering. A great number of the “transferred” ended up in the Gaza Strip. Their nearby existence quickly gave rise to an abiding Israeli wish: “If I believed in miracles,” declared David Ben-Gurion in an October 1956 Knesset speech, “I would pray that Gaza would be washed down into the sea.” After 1967, Gaza’s inhabitants not only remained above water but came under direct Israeli rule.

But how simultaneously to exclude and control these people while clearing safe space to pioneer? “It will be a difficult struggle,” explained Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Sunday. “Gaza’s residents are not about to jump into the sea”. Until the likes of Barak can be so lucky, however, they do see ways to proceed. Fabricating pretexts for aggression on the southern front is, after all, a vibrant tradition, as old as the state itself.

http://www.zcommunications.org/for-israel-imperialism-isn-t-enough-by-dan-freeman-maloy

Reply to this post

Response to polly7 (Reply #21)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:21 AM

30. Talk about topsy-turvy. It has ALWAYS been the Arab rallying cry, to push ISRAEL into the sea.

Reply to this post

Response to polly7 (Reply #21)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:45 AM

35. Others suggest that surrounding Arab countries should just take them

They speak the same language and have the same religion, so they should just fit right in!

That map TSS posted - it is so clear that Israel intends to make all of Palestine theirs.

Reply to this post

Response to liberal_at_heart (Reply #17)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:16 AM

29. The Jewish settlers in Palestine were ALSO "Palestinian," by definition.

These maps are extremely a-historical.

When the U.N. partitioned the state to create Israel (one DOES remember the proximate cause of WW II and the Holocaust, does one not?), the surrounding Arab states signalled they would wage war. And so they advised the Palestinian Arabs to depart, wait out the presumed swift defeat of the Jewish state, and then return to their abandoned towns. Israel welcomed the PA's to remain. In large numbers, the Arabs left.

The 1948 War was waged.

Israel won. The Arab states now had a "Palestinian Arab" refugee problem. ARABS SET UP THE REFUGEE CAMPS.

Now-Jordan allowed these non-Jordanians to stay UNTIL "BLACK SEPTEMBER" (sound familiar?)'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_in_Jordan The rest of the story.

Reply to this post

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #29)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:46 AM

36. But did anyone ask the Palestinians what they wanted?

It was all badly done. It's hard to believe the UN/British and whoever else at the time thought this was going to just work out smoothly.

Reply to this post

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #29)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:09 PM

46. Jordan did not allow the Palestinians to stay after Black September? explain how there are 1.8 mil.

that's 1.8 million Jordanian citizens that are Palestinian? now as to the rest Israel refused the 775,000 Arab refugees who fled the warfare their right UN Resolution 194 to return to their homes, they eventually allowed a few but refused them citizenship for a decade after that.

Reply to this post

Response to The Straight Story (Reply #14)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:07 AM

28. This should be an OP

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:17 AM

15. Wow.

How sick and heartless.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:31 AM

16. The bulldozing is part of the strategy, to raze them off their land.

As long as the settlements expand, sorry, I'm not going to cut Israel one iota of slack. Every engagement represents an expansion of Israel, and a diminishment of Palestine.

Every week there is a little more Israel. A little less Palestine.
Every week the people living in Palestine are cordoned off and blockaded. They can't even get Concrete or basic steel. Their economy is gone.

These are not equal combatants. If the Palestinians stop resisting, what will they have left? The only thing protecting them now, that I can see, is how much Israel thinks it can get away with taking at any given moment, international-criticism/sanction wise. These are not neighbors throwing shit at each other over a fence. This is two neighbors, one set cowed in the corner of their property, all the rest of which the other neighbor has taken. And the neighbor that is winning wants it ALL.

It's pretty sad to watch, really.

Reply to this post

Response to AtheistCrusader (Reply #16)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:00 AM

23. I suspect

you will not get an adequate reply to this post from the Israel defenders on this board, but i have been making this point for a few years. The settlement and expansion issues over the years are just the tip of the 'berg... i believe Israel has been even more reckless lately. Netanyahu is a Rush Limbaugh fan. Really, do i need to say more?

Reply to this post

Response to druidity33 (Reply #23)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 11:53 PM

51. What Israel defenders?

Not a single one of these people defends Israel. They're simply Anti-Arab bigots who are getting their jollies.

No principle they hold, no idea they advocate, no stance they take sees the betterment of Israel. In fact most of what they espouse simply makes the problem worse, prolongs the conflict, and leads to more suffering on both sides

They simply seek the death and suffering of Palestinians and if possible, other Arabs as well. For them, Israel is just a vehicle for that goal, nothing more. Their blithe dismissal of the Israeli peace movement, their complete ignorance of its mirror among Palestinians, their rabid opposition to a Palestinian state their frequent and tortured justifications for any and all Palestinian deaths, their denial of the Nakba, their blatant, raging antisemitism against any Jew who dares question Israel's policy towards the Palestinians.. .these are your keys that these posters are not on Israel's side any more than they are on the Palestinians'.

They're just out to enjoy the suffering. Makes 'em feel like winners.

Reply to this post

Response to Scootaloo (Reply #51)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 09:22 PM

61. Soooooo....

Israel isn't killing Arabs and making Gazans suffer an interminable isolation and subjugation? Because the destruction and killing right now should be on the conscience of the Israeli government and the people of Israel, not the 'defenders of Israel' as i described them. Keyboard warriors, you know...

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:37 AM

25. The man driving the bulldozer is blameless right?

Or the military can't stop and forcibly remove a little girl rather than just run her over.

Do you even hear yourself? First of all not all Palestinians "murder" Israelis, and not all Israelis demolish houses.

Your broad brushing of issues is less than incisive.

Reply to this post

Response to lunatica (Reply #25)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:21 AM

56. Not all do, but all pay. Wouldn't you say? And Hamas is an ELECTED, CHOSEN government.

Murder doesn't belong in quotes when it actually happened.

BUT I'M SO GLAD YOU MENTIONED THE PERSON DRIVING THE BULLDOZER. I have no idea if he's blameless. I believe he gave a statement that was painfully prickly and defensive but that's only my impression. I tend to be against men killing women for any reason whatsoever so I don't waste a lot of time on his haunted sufferings. I'm shocked you were willing to bring it up, though. Why do YOU suppose he did it? Low blood sugar? Sexism? Too many video games? He tried to date her and she said NO?

As long as Palestinians support the murders of Jews...and as long as they keep silent about the murders of those who don't, nothing will change.

Reply to this post

Response to aquart (Reply #56)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:04 AM

57. Maybe he did it because he hates Palestinians

Maybe he liked killing easy targets standing up to him. I don't know, nor do I care what his reasons were.

And as long as anyone supports war and violence against anyone then there will be such things. I support the harder thing to do. Make peace because everyone already knows if they have any sense at all that centuries long war hasn't worked too well thus far. War is the definition of psychotic, deranged, murderous insanity.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:33 AM

33. Wow.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 12:07 AM

52. Ironically, many bulldozer drivers are Arab and Muslim

Though I don't know about Rachel Corrie's driver specifically, I know that it's one of the positions commonly given to Arabs in the IDF.

A house is a stupid thing to die for, agreed. Not a Palestinian's house, not an Israeli's house, not the White House, not my house. It's just a senseless loss of life.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:41 AM

7. a universal truth....

The sad fact throughout human history.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:53 AM

9. +1000 nt

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:59 AM

12. K&R

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:38 AM

18. That's what did it for me

I was washed in The Blood of the Lamb.

Southern Baptist, Central Texas.

Sunday School, I was maybe six years old.

My Aunt Millie (Mildred) was talking about Hiroshima/Nagasaki and telling us that it was all God's will.

I asked her how this affected the children, the parents and the grandparents.

My Aunt Millie (one of the most precious people in my life) replied, "Oh, they don't treasure their families like we do ours".

They lost me, right then and there.
DBH

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #18)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:56 AM

37. My very Catholic mother told me God had chosen us...

I was very young and we were learning about limbo and purgatory and I asked her about the people in other places that didn't go to church, etc. It made no sense to me that God would make people and punish them for not being Catholic.

Also, we were NOT to question God's motives.

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #18)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 11:07 AM

40. Having just heard that "God is on Israel's side"

From a SB BIL to justify the killing of any Palestinian, I'm right there with you. It's sick beyond words.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:40 AM

19. This is perhaps a fitting song

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:40 AM

20. very poignant

So true and so sad and we are all to blame.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 03:42 AM

22. absolutely the truth

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:07 AM

24. It's also hard wired into the human condition.

and that makes the expressed sentiment, though ideal and lovely, rather vapid.

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #24)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:58 AM

38. If someone had to choose between his/her child and someone else, I wonder what most would choose.

If there was a choice between rescuing an elderly man and a young child, I wonder what most would choose.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:02 AM

26. and when Gaza is gone, what neighbor is next?

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:04 AM

27. It has ever been thus. I do mean "ever." For example:

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:25 AM

31. People, the quote is about HAITI

I find it ironic that not one post has yet to mention the context of this quote. Dr. Farmer has done a lot of work in Haiti, often putting himself at great inconvenience to reach people in remote areas who need medical assistance.

News about suffering in Haiti often take a backseat in world news, unless vast numbers of people are affected.

I understand the quoted can apply to many different circumstances, but it would be appropriate to acknowledge the original intent of the message.

Reply to this post

Response to panAmerican (Reply #31)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:41 AM

34. The quote is from a book written about Dr. Farmer

And the context/situation which provoked this statement could just as easily have been in Peru, where a lot of the book is based - not having read the book, I can't say for sure, though.

Here's the longest quote I can find, which adds some context:

“And I can imagine Farmer saying he doesn't care if no one else is willing to follow their example. He's still going to make these hikes, he'd insist, because if you say that seven hours is too long to walk for two families of patients, you're saying that their lives matter less than some others', and the idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world.”

― Tracy Kidder, Mountains beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/4770.Tracy_Kidder

Wikipedia article on the book:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountains_Beyond_Mountains

Now, when reading the above quote from the book, it looks like it wasn't actually a direct quote, and one would have to read the full context to find out if he actually said it.

Regardless, even if the statement in the OP had "Anon." as the source, it would still have the same universal meaning.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:40 PM

42. Haiti is the template for what the 1-percent ownership class is all about.

I met Jean Bertrand-Aristide after he was deposed by the generals in the early 90s. He came to metro Detroit and spoke before the Cranbrook Peace Foundation.

The newspaper I then worked for didn’t see any reason for sending me to cover Aristide’s speech. The editors weren’t anti-democratic, but the events on a Caribbean island just weren’t “local” enough for their budget. So, I went on my own time.

The Cranbrook people were happy to see me. They wanted, of course, as much coverage as possible. So, they invited me and the other interested reporter types to have at him for an hour before his address.

I’m ashamed to report, at an important event in two nation’s larger media market, only a couple of CBC radio reporters out of Windsor and one local Detroit TV crew bothered to show. I was the lone print guy. Anyway…

Aristide answered every question asked in English or French. He said that the generals were deep into the wholesale cocaine importation business. Now who would be their partner in all that? Besides the wealthy landowners, for whom the Generals worked, I mean. Aristide also told us about life in Haiti, where there were four doctors to care for 4 million people. Another interesting stat: One percent of the population own 99-percent of the property.

I asked Aristide what the United States could do to help him restore democracy to Haiti? Aristide said all Poppy Doc Bush had to do was pick up the phone, call the generals and say, “Get out,” and they would quit their coup and the first democratically elected leader of Haiti in 75 years would be returned to power. Poppy Bush didn't and Aristide wasn't until Clinton sent the US Marines, many years and many Haitian lives later. Years later, Junior Bush allowed Aristide to be re-removed in a coup that saw Aristide kidnapped to South Africa for his own safety.

The reason for Bush Senior's inaction? Aristide said he didn’t know the answer, but he suspected Bush’s politics favored the landowners over the masses. “Sounds familiar,” I thought.

Reply to this post

Response to Octafish (Reply #42)

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:13 PM

43. Thanks for posting this

That must have been an amazing experience, if a glum one to know so few people would every see it in the media.

The 1% really have an ugly version of paradise they favor.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 12:52 AM

55. Context wasn't given in the OP

And given the recent events, can't be too surprised when people apply the quote elsewhere.

However, your point is noted; Haiti's been suffering for three hundred years, and is still treated as a slave camp and public dump by its neighbors.

Reply to this post

Response to Scootaloo (Reply #55)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:43 AM

59. The "context" is that it's a fact of life, unfortunately.

Why go into details about where and what prompted Dr. Farmer to say it when, sadly, it's a universal truth?

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 08:30 AM

32. Send this to the US Senate.

They seem to agree that some lives matter more than others with the little statement they put out supporting Israel and condemning the loss of life only on the Israeli side. Politicians make me sick.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:24 PM

41. Poignant, but unfortunately, some lives do matter less, or

more accurately some lives matter more, which by default means some matter less.

For example, I would assume that nearly everyone here would think the President's life is more important than their own, I certainly believe that. The secret service, is based on the premise of one's life being less important than the life of the one(s) being protected should it come down to that issue.

Perhaps all of our military is the same, since they don't really defend the nation anymore, they defend the interests of big oil, big pharma, and the military industrial complex just to return home and get treated like third or fourth class citizens; homeless, hurt, and abandoned.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 06:22 PM

44. You know where I stand

But I value my membership here too much to comment. Remaining silent implies condoning. It's not. I do not want to be banned.

Makes me into the kind I schulp I just can't stand.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:49 PM

45. As a little girl back in the 60's I remember seeing footage on tv with the tanks rolling in

from one side and the people throwing rocks on the other. I immediately recognized who the aggressor was. And still is.

Some people are born with hate in their brains. Violence in their souls. And vengence in their hearts.

Start loving, being compassionate, and non-violent.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:55 PM

48. Creative way to avoid getting tombstoned. And an important message, too.

Reply to this post

Response to McCamy Taylor (Reply #48)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 12:45 AM

54. What's that supposed to mean? n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 11:17 PM

49. Perhaps so

Though the implications are interesting. For instance the anti abortion crowd would probably love this quote right up until you mentioned third world countries, at which point their brains would reset and they would go back to their pet topic.

The world is a fucked up place.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 19, 2012, 11:31 PM

50. That breaks my heart

And the statement is as true to my belief system as it can be.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:13 AM

58. What an absolutely radical, liberal, democratic idea!

Kick

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 08:17 AM

60. ...

How can I turn away?
Brother/Sister go dancing
Through my head
Human as to human
The future is no place
To place your better days