HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mike Malloy is the equiva...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:43 AM

Mike Malloy is the equivalent of

Rush Limbaugh! I said it once before. And a jury removed my post. There is nobody on this board more liberal than me. But, truthseekers if you listen to Mike Malloy you are listening to hate speech. It's a 2 way street. Rachel, MHP, bob jr, these are people with something to say. Malloy should be flushed along with Faux, Rush and Cornell West!

12 replies, 1157 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mike Malloy is the equivalent of (Original post)
reggaehead Nov 2012 OP
hlthe2b Nov 2012 #1
reggaehead Nov 2012 #2
Itchinjim Nov 2012 #3
Laurian Nov 2012 #4
Frank Cannon Nov 2012 #5
John1956PA Nov 2012 #6
Frank Cannon Nov 2012 #8
RomneyLies Nov 2012 #7
marmar Nov 2012 #9
jerseyjack Nov 2012 #11
choie Nov 2012 #10
myrna minx Nov 2012 #12

Response to reggaehead (Original post)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:50 AM

1. 'Haven't listened for years... His passion is cathartic....

but he makes my BP rise too much. I don't want to be angry all the time. It isn't healthy. Malloy needs to channel his anger towards what may be "doable" in terms of change... It isn't healthy for him, either.

That said, he isn't (or at least never was when I was listening), a self-serving intentional liar, in contrast to Rush Limbaugh. That is a very BIG difference.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:58 AM

2. I agree

He's not a blatant liar. But, he is a truth contortionist. And his intent is the same.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:06 AM

3. Whether from the Left or from the Right,

I cant handle stridency. And Mike Malloy, even if I agree with him on some issues, is very strident. He needs to dial it back more than a little bit.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:08 AM

4. I appreciate Mike's unwavering commitment to oppose the right wing.

I think he takes many of the injustices in the world personally. He can be very blunt and intense, but I would never, ever equate his rhetoric to that of Limbaugh or Hannity. Progressive voices need not be all alike, but a reflection of the range of progressive opinions.

Being nice has not been a winning strategy against right wing hate, so I appreciate some voices of righteous indignation along with the calmer, analytical approaches of people like Maddow, etc.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:09 AM

5. I used to like the guy. Can't listen anymore.

I used to listen to him every day when he was on ieAmerica radio about the time Bush stole the 2000 election. It was a very cathartic listening experience, but he was a lot more jovial and reasonable and only "Hulked out" when talking with a wingnut caller, which was quite entertaining. Now he seems to be in constant rage mode and is, frankly, fucking tiresome.

Reply to this post

Response to Frank Cannon (Reply #5)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:51 AM

6. I started listening to him in 2004.

Air America debuted in March 2004, and Mike Malloy landed the network's 10:00 PM spot. He delivered some sensational rants. I recorded his fiery rant about the danger of the Repugs gaining a 60-seat filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. Of course, that horror did not occur. His rant about the Repub's politicization of the 2005 Florida right-to-die case was thunderous. I have not followed him since his Air America days.

Reply to this post

Response to John1956PA (Reply #6)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 09:51 AM

8. He was on ieAmerica before that.

It was an Internet-only talk radio venture that went belly-up after the dot-com collapse. I think he was unemployed for a while, then Air America picked him up.

While he was on ieAmerica, he was on in the afternoons, so maybe he was getting more sleep. Anyway, his rants were a lot more effective when they weren't delivered CONSTANTLY.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:51 AM

7. Listened to tue guy a ciupoe of times several years ago

If he's as much of a blathering idiot now as he was then, you are absolutely correct.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:03 AM

9. 'Rachel, MHP, bob jr'

I prefer Thom Hartmann, Mike Papantonio - they have something to say, and it's not overly influenced by the party line.

Reply to this post

Response to marmar (Reply #9)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:41 AM

11. My disappointment in listening to Hartmann,

during the first Obama administration, Hartmann was always deflecting anger and concern away from Obama.

"Obama is playing three dimensional chess." He explained that the Republicans were playing checkers."

We were told to wait and we would see how the health care debates were to be won by Obama and we would all be better off for it.

This happened during a couple of topics, including the debt arguments.

Instead, he should have been hollering at us to call the White House and other politicians.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:28 AM

10. totally disagree

Without Mike Malloy, I would not have been able to keep my sanity during the Bush years. But, aside from that, while Mike is angry often, it is justifiable rage -- there's a fucking lot to be angry about! However, in addition to his anger (and sense of humor), he is a very empathetic and compassionate guy...not in the same universe as Limbaugh.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:52 AM

12. Malloy may be be passionate, but I'd like to for you to find when he's called women sluts, mocked

mimicked someone suffering from Parkinson's disease and spewed overt and covert racists rantings all the while being broadcast on Armed Services Radio. You can't. False equivalence.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread