HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Man arrested for threaten...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 07:53 PM

Man arrested for threatening President Obama's life on Facebook

http://www.examiner.com/article/man-arrested-for-threatening-president-obama-s-life-on-facebook

In less than three weeks Christopher Castillo's life has been dramatically damaged as he faces felony charges for threatening to kill President Barack Obama via his Facebook page on Nov. 1.

Castillo, 28 and an air force veteran, allegedly wrote on his Facebook wall that he wanted to "hunt down" President Obama. He also said that he wanted to "watch the life disappear from his eyes." Thankfully Castillo's posts were quickly forwarded to federal authorities. According to wtsp.com Castillo was informed his post was illegal. He did not mind and brazenly encouraged an encounter with authorities when he said, "let them come after me..."

And come after him they did.

After being arrested in Melbourne, Florida Castillo was interviewed by federal authorities. During the interview Castillo informed the officers that he intended to beat up President Obama whenever the first opportunity presented itself. When Castillo was informed that even saying such a thing was illegal, he said he did not care. It is unclear if he will be charged for the remarks he made while in interrogation or not.

*snip*

4 replies, 730 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Man arrested for threatening President Obama's life on Facebook (Original post)
Whovian Nov 2012 OP
Mika Nov 2012 #1
Whovian Nov 2012 #3
mnhtnbb Nov 2012 #2
oswaldactedalone Nov 2012 #4

Response to Whovian (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 07:57 PM

1. Floriduh. Figures. eom

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Mika (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:13 PM

3. I think there's some unwritten competition with my state (AL) for levels of whack-a-doo. n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:04 PM

2. Consumed with hate. Fuck him. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:50 PM

4. Please make an example

out of this numbnuts.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread