HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » About Republicans not let...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:46 PM

About Republicans not letting go ...

Wondering if this could be a logical, or inevitable manifestation of the "self-esteem" movement - where every child is entitled to be a winner, irrespective of performance, and reinforced by our customer service culture which panders to consumers' most frivolous and banal whims. Seriously, there seems to be spoiled brat component to this temper tantrum being played out on a national scale that can't be entirely explained by right-wing media propaganda.

4 replies, 601 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply About Republicans not letting go ... (Original post)
Mme. Defarge Nov 2012 OP
KT2000 Nov 2012 #1
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #2
tblue Nov 2012 #3
Mme. Defarge Nov 2012 #4

Response to Mme. Defarge (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 06:50 PM

1. so many seem to be older though

I think it is the effect of the brainwashing that has gone on. During their sessions (FOX, Limbaugh etc.) no mention was ever made of what to do if the Republican savior lost. These are people who are lost and looking for a way to change the outcome to match their brainwashed ideals. They are trying to rid themselves of the anxiety they are feeling - what the election with Romney winning would fix and allow them some peace of mind.

They are the lab rats that are usually euthanized but as humans, they instead must find a way to go on and they are flailing about.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 06:53 PM

2. kick for interesting topic

n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 07:15 PM

3. Hmmm... Maybe. I think they're just psychopaths

From Wiki:

Psychopathy is a personality disorder that has been variously described as characterized by shallow emotions (in particular reduced fear), stress tolerance, lacking empathy, coldheartedness, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behaviors such as lacking guilt and living a parasitic lifestyle

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

No?

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 11:26 PM

4. Ok, here is my question to DU ...

If Romney had truly won the election, would you be able to move on and accept him as your president?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread