HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Benghazi was a big FAIL. ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:11 AM

Benghazi was a big FAIL. Notice how civil the GOP Reps were yesterday.

Just like all bullies...they back down when they have to engage in an even and fair fight. If bullies don't have an advantage (like more weapons, bigger size, lurking scandals etc) they won't fight in most cases. Such is the case with the current GOP. They thought they could put the President in a weakened position with Benghazi and that they could use this trumped up "scandal" to make the President yield on the economy and taxes. Did my heart good to see McCain's face having to admit that Susan Rice was given faulty intelligence. The President is unafraid of them and that frustrates the hell out of them.

12 replies, 1338 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Benghazi was a big FAIL. Notice how civil the GOP Reps were yesterday. (Original post)
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 OP
mucifer Nov 2012 #1
RichGirl Nov 2012 #2
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 #4
Warren Stupidity Nov 2012 #3
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 #5
OldDem2012 Nov 2012 #7
haikugal Nov 2012 #10
KharmaTrain Nov 2012 #6
mick063 Nov 2012 #8
a kennedy Nov 2012 #9
kelliekat44 Nov 2012 #11
DCBob Nov 2012 #12

Response to kelliekat44 (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:19 AM

1. I'm curious about the Sunday am talk shows.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:24 AM

2. I know that it is a big "no no" to ever mention GWB....

But why has no one mentioned that there were 11 embassy attacks during his 8 years, 54 dead. I don't recall any of them being investigated and certainly not in Watergate style. I also don't remember FOX NEWS spending months questioning them or making accusations. Even with 9/11 happening on GWBs watch, knowing they were warned but they ignored it, even after getting us into a war on a lie...Democrats did not blame GWB of somehow being negligent or whatever regarding the embassy attacks.

Reply to this post

Response to RichGirl (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:26 AM

4. There are lots of differences between the GOP and Dems. This is just one of them. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:26 AM

3. Rice was not "given faulty intelligence".

Ambassador Rice was told exactly how to refer to the attack in order to protect intelligence assets and operational capacity. The Republicans are just flat out lying about Benghazi. Petraeus 's testimony was a show stopper for their efforts to create a scandal out of this tragedy.

Reply to this post

Response to Warren Stupidity (Reply #3)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:34 AM

5. +1 nt

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:41 AM

7. Thank you! Why is this point so hard for the rabid RWers to understand or accept?.....

....The RWers hopes for this to be a way to impeach the President have gone up in a lot of smoke and not much in the way of flames.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 10:48 AM

10. Thank You...I caught that as well.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:38 AM

6. They Just Move The Goalposts Again...

For the majority of us, Benghazi was a trumped up Bullshit Mountain poutrage that we thought had been put to rest when President Obama told Willard to "proceed" in the second debate. But this temptest in a Faux pot keep brewing and with it the conspiracies grew deeper and the poutrage got hotter. Add to this the huge sting still being felt among the unhinged in getting slammed in last week's election and this week's tantrum takes a better focus.

The wingnuts need red meat...desperately! They need a distraction from having to face reality and hope the "mighty wurlitzer" that used to whip up so much corporate media wrath can do it "one more time". Unlike 2000 or 2004 when there was little counterbalance to the lies and propaganda of hate radio and Faux Noise, today the "innertoobs", Daily Show and MSNBC that offer a different voice that has pushed back against the bullshit.

So here's the new "poutrage"...someone gave Rice misleading talking points? Now who was it? I'm all for King, Gramps and the rest going down that rabbit hole for a few months...the majority of the country is moving forward. Their bullshit just doesn't stick like it used to, but it sure does smell!!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:52 AM

8. My Vantage Point

A pre election, imaginary, last ditch "scandal" for the sole purpose of getting Romney elected. The wheels were set in motion and the law of physics (inertia) dictate that an equal amount of force would be required to slow it down.

Post election, the GOP was left holding the bag on this purely political tactic and Fox won't take their foot off the pedal. "Grassroots" Tea billies are writing their congressmen with Fox influenced vigor and the legislators are forced to respond to their constituents. A political maneuver still in play when politics are not what the majority want. Instead, they want politics put aside and work to get done.

The GOP is campaigning for 2014 the day after the election. You can never start too early. Not surprising as it is their financiers that believe Christmas shopping immediately after a Thanksgiving meal is a novel idea as well.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 10:30 AM

9. Then I just don't get it....faux noise is saying it's a cover-up,

and how did the President not know, and who knew and when did they know it. It's non stop Benghazi, and how it's the POTUS's fault.... and I just switched the dial.

Reply to this post

Response to a kennedy (Reply #9)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 11:00 AM

11. Meanwhile, ASCME and other unions have begun their 2014 campaign movements while the otherside

focuses on stuff to try to ensnare the President..who incidentally is not running for any office in 2014 or 2016. I love the how wthe RW keeps helping us move forward.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 11:56 AM

12. I have been watching Faux this morning and barely a mention of Benghazi.

I think they finally realized this is a non-story, non-scandal, and non-sense. There were so desperate to manufacture a scandal to damage the President now they just looks like fools.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread