HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is it Rich Repug Men bein...

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:11 AM

Is it Rich Repug Men being Brats OR Is it the Re pugs trying to turn the American Public against Obama

I have two friends who have two different theories about The Red Lobster/Papa John's even possibly Hostess grip and moaning and them coming out about having to raise prices or cut workers hours.

Friend One-- Believes it is Republicans just pissed off that Obama and the Dems did so well in the election and that means that their tax rates will be raised and the ACA won't be overturn so now they are acting like spoil kids who take the ball home because they are losing the game.

Friend two-- Believes they are setting up for the mid-term elections and possible 2016. Friend two believes this is just a carry over from the election. Places like Papa Johns who started making these claims of having to lay people off or cutting hours because of Obama care etc. They tried to scare people into voting for Romney NOW that Obama won they are pissed off that they didn't get control like they wanted so now they are determine to try and bring this economy down and blame Obama. They want people Bi!%^ and moaning that they can't afford to pay rent/mortgage or they can't afford to pay for food (keep in mind the drought across the country that is basically going to cause food prices to go up this winter.) in general they are trying to turn the American public against Obama and make his next 4 years horrible as possible.

Who is right and who is wrong OR are my friends over analyzing it?

3 replies, 529 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is it Rich Repug Men being Brats OR Is it the Re pugs trying to turn the American Public against Obama (Original post)
diabeticman Nov 2012 OP
Warren Stupidity Nov 2012 #1
clydefrand Nov 2012 #2
ananda Nov 2012 #3

Response to diabeticman (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:58 AM

1. Friend two has it right.

What the operatives have tried to engineer each time a democratic president wins an election, since Clinton in 92, is an angry white man counter revolution. They were successful in 94 and 2010.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to diabeticman (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:03 AM

2. My take is that not only is it BOTH but bad losers, etc...

Reply to this post

Response to clydefrand (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:06 AM

3. Yup

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread