HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Democrats charge Rick Sco...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 07:53 PM

Democrats charge Rick Scott improperly interfering to help Allen West

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/broward-politics-blog/sfl-rick-scott-allen-west-20121116,0,6294591.story

This following a judge's refusal to intervene, this afternoon...

Top Florida Democrats sounded the alarm Friday over what they see as improper interference by Gov. Rick Scott in U.S. Rep. Allen West’s attempt to hold onto his congressional seat.

U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Weston, chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, flatly asserted in a statement that the Republican governor is attempting to interfere in the contest between Republican West and Democrat Patrick Murphy. A spokesman for Scott's secretary of state denied the Democrats' assertions.

--snip--
Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner, a Scott appointee, ordered a three-member team – both the Democratic and Republican sides call them “auditors” – from his Division of Elections to St. Lucie County this week.

“In a clear effort to overturn an election result after having lost at the ballot box, Allen West has now run to Governor Rick Scott to needlessly interfere with and politicize a non-partisan election process,” Wasserman Schultz said.

more at the link above....

5 replies, 1491 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democrats charge Rick Scott improperly interfering to help Allen West (Original post)
hlthe2b Nov 2012 OP
Baitball Blogger Nov 2012 #1
RockaFowler Nov 2012 #2
Auntie Bush Nov 2012 #3
DeSwiss Nov 2012 #4
nashville_brook Nov 2012 #5

Response to hlthe2b (Original post)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:07 PM

1. They are abusive beyond their wildest imagination.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:11 PM

2. Can this madness end??

We have no strong Democrat here in this state to help us. The loss of Alex Sink was tremendous. The stupid people in this state that voted for that criminal over a person who actually has lived in this state and cared for the people of this state is unbelievable. I hope DWS can do something. What?? I'm not sure

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:04 PM

3. What in the world were Floridians thinking when they voted for Rick Scott and Allen West?

I can't imagine having those two nut jobs in my state...when I have Sanders and Leahy!
Vermonters are blessed!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:35 PM

4. Simple solution: Send in the FBI and ARREST HIS ASS. - K&R n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:49 PM

5. k and r

Reply to this post