HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Who really killed the Twi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 06:46 PM

Who really killed the Twinkie? Michelle Obama, that's who!

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2012/11/16/you-want-to-know-who-really-killed-the-twinkie/

This is wingnut parody from Atlanta's Jay Bookman. Worth a read. Especially the Victoria Jackson quote:

“Michelle is a snake.

She is so deceptive. This whole ‘food thing’ she is innocently pushing, is slyly making the government the controller of our children’s food … out from her forked tongue slipped a buzzword, on the Jay Leno show tonight. She actually used the words, ’sustainable food, organic food.’ These are Agenda 21 words. They mean GOVERNMENT CONTROL.”

Oh no! Organic food!

4 replies, 1726 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Who really killed the Twinkie? Michelle Obama, that's who! (Original post)
banned from Kos Nov 2012 OP
Politicalboi Nov 2012 #1
PennsylvaniaMatt Nov 2012 #2
Walk away Nov 2012 #3
Warpy Nov 2012 #4

Response to banned from Kos (Original post)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 06:49 PM

1. It sounds so

Foreign.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 06:52 PM

2. I predicted it!

I posted on the other thread this morning that I bet the right wingers would be blaming Michelle Obama!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 06:57 PM

3. Twinkies will never die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 07:28 PM

4. I hope someone with the resources

does a study of all the "begats" of Interstate Bakeries and where the huge amount of debt came from. Hostess has been owned by a whole series of companies, ITT among them, and it would be fascinating to see the step by step process by which the company was used to leverage debt for parent companies until nothing was left.

My guess is that this would be a study in predatory capitalism and how profitable companies have been turned into debt sinks in order to fatten the rich at the expense of the companies themselves and the workers they employ.

I have no doubt that Hostess will be sold quickly, probably to Grupo Bimbo (not making this up), a Mexican conglomerate that has been trying to buy them out for years.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread