HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Dozens of great things to...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 04:13 PM

Dozens of great things to come from President Obama, yet 85 threads on Pg.1 about nothing???

Last edited Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:27 PM - Edit history (1)

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Stinky The Clown (a host of the General Discussion forum).

are people here again following the rightwing media in the daily agenda???

we should all ignore the crap.

there is NOTHING they can do to President Obama.

Why not promote all the good stuff to come, instead of the crap conspiracy theorists by the losers on the other side

for example, of course everyone has their own pet issues

do the appropriate passing info down both online, and in person, to the issues that affect us, instead of defending the bullcrap conspiracy theories Fox and friends of them offer the world.

2013-2014 is when we have the best chance to pass Immigration betterment, Education betterment, a great Jobs program (starting in Chris Christies back yard with rebuilding New jersey damaged by Hurricane Sandy) and having some sort of re-education program for those who had jobs either now obsolete or found elsewhere.

And not to mention, proposing/finding candidates for EVERY single position in office from Senator down to school board to win all of them in 2014.

And promoting equality for all, and the betterment of all minorities in America who in the past have been persecuted and bullied and harrassed from the rightwingers.

And making sure of course, that women keep their constitutional rights to privacy in all 50 states

and getting rid of election Jim Crow/Juan Crow attempts to stiffle voting

Seems IMHO alot more constructive and to promote the people in Obama's administration
and to put aside petty complaints that we should all know a republican/tea/libertarian would never give us.

Again, we won. They lost. And nothing they can do can stop President Obama no matter what crap they talk. (We have 55/56 in the senate and hopefully more in 2014 and as long as we keep the senate, their ultimate goal (provided they keep the house) can never become reality.

11 replies, 967 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dozens of great things to come from President Obama, yet 85 threads on Pg.1 about nothing??? (Original post)
graham4anything Nov 2012 OP
chille1 Nov 2012 #1
MineralMan Nov 2012 #2
graham4anything Nov 2012 #4
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #10
msongs Nov 2012 #3
JTFrog Nov 2012 #7
Fumesucker Nov 2012 #5
graham4anything Nov 2012 #6
Fumesucker Nov 2012 #8
graham4anything Nov 2012 #9
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #11

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 04:19 PM

1. Best post since election !

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 04:43 PM

2. DU isn't an Obama fan site.

That's the message I take from all of it.

Very little gets posted here on what Obama's doing and what his plans are. It's puzzling, really.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #2)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:13 PM

4. YUP. And here are some things we could do.

I am also going to edit the original and put this post in that.

do the appropriate passing info down both online, and in person, to the issues that affect us, instead of defending the bullcrap conspiracy theories Fox and friends of them offer the world.

2013-2014 is when we have the best chance to pass Immigration betterment, Education betterment, a great Jobs program (starting in Chris Christies back yard with rebuilding New jersey damaged by Hurricane Sandy) and having some sort of re-education program for those who had jobs either now obsolete or found elsewhere.

And not to mention, proposing/finding candidates for EVERY single position in office from Senator down to school board to win all of them in 2014.

And promoting equality for all, and the betterment of all minorities in America who in the past have been persecuted and bullied and harrassed from the rightwingers.

Seems IMHO alot more constructive and to promote the people in Obama's administration
and to put aside petty complaints that we should all know a republican/tea/libertarian would never give us.

Again, we won. They lost. And nothing they can do can stop President Obama no matter what crap they talk. (We have 55/56 in the senate and hopefully more in 2014 and as long as we keep the senate, their ultimate goal (provided they keep the house) can never become reality.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #2)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:53 PM

10. so i wonder why all his strong supporters here don't make those informative posts.

especially since so many of them seem to work in government a/o related fields and have insider knowledge.

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 04:47 PM

3. OP forgot to list those "dozens of great things" lol nt

Response to msongs (Reply #3)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:32 PM

7. Awww, denied an opportunity to snark the list.

But at least you got a jab in anyway.

Bless your heart.

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:21 PM

5. DU is a smorgasboard

Take what you want, leave the rest.

Don't demand everyone else have the same tastes as you.

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #5)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:25 PM

6. I'm not. only asking

that positives are better than negatives for the people in office (the Obama administration)
which we here are supposed to want as it is our life

(but then I was promoting the positive glass half full vs. the negative glass half empty during the debates)

Response to graham4anything (Reply #6)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:35 PM

8. A lot of us bit our virtual tongues for quite some time during the election

I predicted several times that DU was going to go nuts after the election, a lot of pent up pressure here, not everyone is thrilled with everything Obama has done or is going to do.

My own mood was actually more positive during the election than it is now, Obama is clearly the most brilliant campaigner we've seen in at least a generation but he's far too likely to compromise with Republicans as an office holder for my tastes.

I'm still at least halfway expecting a Grand Bargain to come out of DC in the next several weeks of the lame duck session.

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #8)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:51 PM

9. 10% of something goes a long way. 100% of nothing is nothing.

and each step forward later leads to more step forwards

FORWARD progress moves slowly

whereas BACKWARD movement is rapid

seems easy to see.

and the more the general public sees as forward movement(yes, even with a compromise) is the happier the general public is come 2014 2016 2018 and beyond

Response to graham4anything (Reply #9)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 05:55 PM

11. regardless of any steps forward, the general direction has been backward for 30 years.

so i'm not seeing this "10% forward, 40% backward" as some progressive path.