HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tim Tebow is ‘terrible’: ...

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:59 PM

Tim Tebow is ‘terrible’: Jets teammates, officials rip the heralded backup QB

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by REP (a host of the General Discussion forum).

Is it wrong for me to enjoy seeing this? I figure the sooner he is out of sports though, the sooner he will jump into politics. :0(

Jindahl/Tebow 2016?

"The Tim Tebow faithful are going to have a tough time with this one: The New York Daily News has consulted more than a dozen of Tebow's Jets teammates and officials, and their assessment of The Chosen Quarterback is not a kind one.
One unnamed teammate whom the Daily News identified as a defensive starter was blunt: "He's terrible." Others were more nuanced, saying that Tebow has not shown significant growth in his skills since arriving in New York in March.
Here's the problem, though: the Jets are 3-6, a perpetual joke of a franchise, and so anyone that could possibly, maybe, potentially stem that avalanche is getting a look. But most Jets believe Tebow doesn't deserve that look.
Guard Matt Slauson, who actually had the stones to put his name to his comments, was unequivocal in his support of incumbent quarterback Mark Sanchez, saying the distance between him and backups Tebow and Greg McElroy is "not even close ... We don't really have a choice." Oh, and about those backups? "We have Greg ... and we have an athlete," Slauson told the Daily News."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-terrible-unnamed-jets-teammate-tells-york-130832876--nfl.html;_ylt=AuWbH_5Gyp.YgTjcHwCOl.mRbcp_;_ylu=X3oDMTRycHA0ODhtBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMgRtaXQDRmVhdHVyZWQgQmxvZ3MgQ09SRQRwa2cDMzMxOWYzYmEtNGE0Mi0zMGU5LTgxNTYtZjNmZDhjMTZjZTk3BHBvcwM0BHNlYwNNZWRpYUJMaXN0TWl4ZWRMUENBVGVtcAR2ZXIDYjYyMTc4NjAtMmU3ZS0xMWUyLTlkNGEtY2E0MzQ2ODlkMDNl;_ylg=X3oDMTMwc2VwMTNqBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDYTQwNDI4YjUtZDhhZS0zY2RiLTg2YmQtNzVkMWVkZjNiOTNlBHBzdGNhdANuaGx8cHVja2RhZGR5BHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

17 replies, 1548 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tim Tebow is ‘terrible’: Jets teammates, officials rip the heralded backup QB (Original post)
DonRedwood Nov 2012 OP
joeybee12 Nov 2012 #1
hifiguy Nov 2012 #4
DonRedwood Nov 2012 #9
Panasonic Nov 2012 #5
Flashmann Nov 2012 #7
Ganja Ninja Nov 2012 #2
Panasonic Nov 2012 #3
randome Nov 2012 #6
Tommy_Carcetti Nov 2012 #8
dsc Nov 2012 #10
kentuck Nov 2012 #11
dawg Nov 2012 #12
Liberal_Stalwart71 Nov 2012 #13
AngryAmish Nov 2012 #14
Dawson Leery Nov 2012 #15
Bake Nov 2012 #16
REP Nov 2012 #17

Response to DonRedwood (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:03 PM

1. He stinks and is a stinker, but to his credit...

...because of the supidity of the Broncos, he's a really shitty and REALLY RICH QB.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to joeybee12 (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:11 PM

4. The Broncos were stupid like a fox.

They showcased him last year, and I suspect that they did so hoping that some sucker would bite and make a trade offer. Which the Jets, being terminal suckers, did. So then Peyton Manning comes in to Denver, looks like the Peyton Manning of old after a few games, and the Broncos are playing great football and cruising towards the playoffs.

Tebow will never be a long-term starter in the NFL. He can't throw the fking football with any kind of consistency, and his throwing motion, to quote Matt Taibbi, looks like a moose trying to fk a washing machine.

And NFL contracts aren't guaranteed except for the signing bonus. The Hapless Jets could cut him and not be on the hook for the remainder of his contract.

And let me just say Rex Ryan really, really sucks.

ETA: The most overrated thing in a quarterback is "athletic ability" - especially the stuff they quantify in the combine. Among the all time great quarterbacks some had this, most didn't. Dan Marino was about as mobile as a statue. P. Manning has just enough mobility to keep from getting killed. Joe Montana didn't have the an arm anything like Elway, Favre, Manning or Marino. What these guys had was football intelligence at the highest level - the ability to read defensive sets accurately and very, very quickly and translate that knowledge into how to exploit the matchups with which they were presented and put the football where it had to be. There is a level at which that simply cannot be coached. A QB has it or they don't.

Response to hifiguy (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:29 PM

9. well said!

Tebow is very good on his knees though.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:11 PM

5. for not much longer

He will be cut at the end of the season and pay him to go away

Grifters gotta grift.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:25 PM

7. That isn't 100% accurate

The Broncos drafted Tebow at the behest and in the person of then Head Coach Josh McDaniels....The Broncos made the disasterous mistake,(Pat Bowlen),of hiring McDaniels as HC,rather than as a Poolboy......

He absolutely is,by NFL standards,a shitty QB....His style of play,to me,is better suited to tight end,maybe even fullback.....He was a huge distraction in Denver and now,in New York,splitting the fans in both cities.....My experience,in Colorado,was that many people possessing workable knowledge of the game were largely pessimistic Tebow would bring any real measure of success......The other end of the spectrum,were the folks who were enthralled with his act of "tebowing" after scores,and were very vocal that,based in large part on THAT,he should lead the team.

Though I can't know,I suspect that's what is happening with the Jets,and will follow Tebow if/when he moves on to another team.....

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:03 PM

2. He belongs in the Arena League

He actually might be a star there and they could use the attention.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:10 PM

3. could have v said the same thing and saved jets aggravation

Tebow has always sucked. He had Aaron Hernandez and Percy harvin.

Wildcat was always a joke in the NFL

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:13 PM

6. He is deeply in love with himself.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:28 PM

8. Why is this in GD? Mods, please move this.

And I'll say it now. He may be extremely heavy handed in professing his religious beliefs. He may be an overrated quarterback. But he's actually done very little in terms of partisan politics to date. So cut the guy some slack.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:40 PM

10. I am by no means a football expert

nor am I a Tebow fan but I will say that people who refuse to put their name to statements trashing a teammate may be why the team sucks far more than a quarterback who hasn't played many downs.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:44 PM

11. Tebow will be a star with the next team that trades for him.

Regardless of his religious beliefs, he is a winner. He won the national championship at Florida. Who thinks that was just a fluke?

Jacksonville needs a quarterback and that is his hometown. Look for a deal soon.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:45 PM

12. I have never heard Tim Tebow say anything that offended me.

I have seen hateful statements that were falsely attributed to him, but none that he actually said.

I'm sure he sees political issues very differently from me, and I sometimes think his overt religiosity is in poor taste, but those are quibbles. He seems like a reasonably nice young man and I wish him success.

Even though he was .... and will always be ... a hated Gator.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:46 PM

13. More overrated than Tony Romo!

Happy to see this, especially after the owner said that he'd rather have a losing team than for Obama to be reelected. Guess what, asshole? You failed! And Teebow STILL sucks!!

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:51 PM

14. I think Tebow is the Troll King of America

People hate this dude. For example: this thread.

My hope is that Tebow knows all this. He has constructed a persona that generates so much hate and he just loves making people crazy.

It is too much to dream for, tho.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 03:09 PM

15. ALL Religious Fundamentalists are in love with themselves.

They see themselves as being the embodiment of God on Earth.

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 03:12 PM

16. This is in GD for only one reason, one reason ALONE: Tebow's religious beliefs

All the haters gonna hate on him. DUers don't like to think of themselves as haters, but a lot of them ARE. Plain and simple.

Wanna talk about Tebow's skills as a football player? Fine. Take it somewhere else, to another forum like the Lounge. Not in GD.

Those who want to hate on Tebow in GD because of his religion, you're just haters and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. HE'S A FOOTBALL PLAYER FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!

Bake

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 03:12 PM

17. Locking

Feel free to repost in an appropriate Group; sports stories do not fit the SoP of GD. Thanks!