HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Indian woman suffering a ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:32 PM

Indian woman suffering a miscarriage denied abortion in Ireland dies

On October 31st 31 year old Savita Halappanavar, 17 weeks pregnant, was hospitalized with severe pain. Doctors determined whe was having a miscarriage. Over the course of three days, the baby slowly died. She asked if they could not save the baby if they could terminate the pregnancy. They said as long as there was a fetal heartbeat there was nothing they could do. Savita Halappanavar died from blood poisoning.

3 replies, 742 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Indian woman suffering a miscarriage denied abortion in Ireland dies (Original post)
liberal_at_heart Nov 2012 OP
janlyn Nov 2012 #1
get the red out Nov 2012 #2
Warpy Nov 2012 #3

Response to liberal_at_heart (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:40 PM

1. If repubs have their way!!!

Anyone that thinks that this could never happen in our country is delusional!!

All it would take is for the right repub's in the right positions of power and it would be a done deal!!

I mean we already have the law in utah that states if you miscarry and someone says it was your fault you can be charged!!!

I feel very strongly about this because I was in the same position.And I would have died if the fetus had not been removed. Thankfully SO FAR in this country it is legal...but for how long???

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:40 PM

2. Have Priests thrown a party yet

Looks like their kind of occasion, they've managed to kill another daughter of Eve.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:28 PM

3. Maybe this is the case that will allow the civil government

to tell the church to fuck off and die, that therapeutic abortion must be legal.

As it is, why the hell didn't they move her across to the UK?

This is just so unnecessary and it's what all those old men in dresses want for all women, preventable death from pregnancy. It's what we get for being such temptresses.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread