HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WI:9 Repub state legislat...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:08 AM

WI:9 Repub state legislators back bill to arrest federal officials who try to implement Obamacare

Nine Republican state legislators say they back a bill to arrest any federal officials who try to implement Obamacare, the Journal Sentinel's Patrick Marley reports.

This is a law passed by Congress and upheld by the Supreme Court. But that's not enough for Rep. Chris Kapenga (R-Delafield), one of the Gang of Nine, who told the Campaign for Liberty he would back legislation to arrest federal officials who took steps to implement Obamacare in Wisconsin. Despite the Supreme Court ruling, he still believes that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional.

"Just because Obama was re-elected does not mean he's above the constitution," he said.
No, but here's how it works, Rep. Kapenga. The Supreme Court decides that. And led by conservative Chief Justice John Roberts, it has.

This states rights issue thing was pretty much decided when Lee surrendered to Grant. These legislators need to get a grip, read the Constitution and move on to working with federal officials, not threatening them.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/179186661.html

3 replies, 541 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply WI:9 Repub state legislators back bill to arrest federal officials who try to implement Obamacare (Original post)
The Straight Story Nov 2012 OP
cali Nov 2012 #1
The Velveteen Ocelot Nov 2012 #2
mysuzuki2 Nov 2012 #3

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:09 AM

1. The best response to this? Laugh at the morans.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:12 AM

2. Two words: Supremacy Clause.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

Article VI, sec. 2 pretty well demolishes those idiots. I wonder if any of them ever took a constitutional law course? Or even basic civics? For all their ranting about the Constitution, seems like they don't know it very well.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:46 AM

3. I just sent Rep Kapenga an email telling him what I think of his idea.

His address is rep.kapenga@legis.wi.gov

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread