Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:27 AM
ck4829 (15,835 posts)
It should be our responsibility to help the right wing encapsulate itself as much as possible
Remember when Obama was polling higher than Romney?
"Ah! The polls are SKEWED!!!1!"
And remember when Obama won re-election?
"Ah! It was because of VOTER FRAUD!!!1!"
Things like this show the right wing has separated itself from the views of Americans and prefers to live in a bubble, a bubble where their views like 'When God gives you legitimate rape, make rapenade' or whatever are considered to be the mainstream views and they actually (still) think that an overwhelming majority of Americans agree with them.
While 'popping' this bubble may seem like a good idea and it does serve a purpose in many cases, a shock of reality or truth will generally not bring them to your side (Probably because both of those things have a liberal bias), so instead we should be helping to reinforce that bubble and making it more opaque as well.
How do we go about doing that?
* Well, when you see people righties about Obama/ACORN/The Muslim Brotherhood/Martian conspiracy that skewed the polls AND used voter fraud to steal the election, just walk away. Don't try to debunk them with your 'fancy logic and what-have-you', just stay out of that one.
* When they go off on one of their crazy freaky detours from reality, don't lose your cool, just quietly nod and thank them for their time. Don't agree with it, but save it for election time.
* Let them have their forums, right wing blogopshere, and Free Republic; it's become a nerve center for their lunacy. We shouldn't get in the way of that.
* Don't even bother with the types who say they only watch Fox News. Bonus points though if you find someone who says Fox News is part of the 'liberal media' though.
* Don't support the moderate Republican or the least crazy of the righties. Just let it take it's natural course.
* Now obviously we can't let them win, so while we're taking the extreme right take it's natural course, we're holding our Party's feet to the fire and supporting legislation helping the American People and supporting liberal causes at the same time. And we're also keeping track of the craziest things the right wing is saying and/or doing, and then we have ammo to use at election time.
Let them have their bubble, everyone else can have America in the 21st Century.
1 replies, 429 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
It should be our responsibility to help the right wing encapsulate itself as much as possible (Original post)
Response to ck4829 (Original post)
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:46 AM
rightsideout (978 posts)
1. I have a friend who is a Muslimer
He insists Obama is a Muslim.
This guy is an electrical engineer and who I thought was intelligent. But hes's been brainwashed by Glenn Beck.
I don't understand how smart people can fall for the Right Wing BS.
I have given up trying to convince him Obama is not a Muslin. But he did say the Republicans have alot of whining to direct at each other. So I'm like yea go complain and whine to each other.