HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If things are going well ...

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:40 AM

If things are going well in 2014, let's gamble and throw tons of resources at *insert state here*...

It'll be expensive as fuck, but it's time to invest in Texas.

3 replies, 383 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply If things are going well in 2014, let's gamble and throw tons of resources at *insert state here*... (Original post)
leftlibdem420 Nov 2012 OP
LynneSin Nov 2012 #1
leftlibdem420 Nov 2012 #2
Mr.Bill Nov 2012 #3

Response to leftlibdem420 (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 AM

1. I think 2014 we focus on Governor and House races

I looked at the 2014 Senate election cycle and there aren't that many tight races although alot depends on who retires or joins the Obama administration. In 2012 a third of all senate races were democratic races which made it pretty tough for us but we managed to Net +2 out of that year. 2014 it will be about even.

Thus I think the big money is to focus on governor races especially those Tea Party assholes that got their jobs during the Tea Party Stink Fest of 2010. I'd love to see Walker, Scott, Corbett, LePage and a few others tossed out the door and replaced with sensible people. I'd also like to see us take back the house since technically more people vote for democrats in house races over republicans but thanks to gerrymandering the GOP kept the house.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LynneSin (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:45 AM

2. Next time Democrats win, demand non-partisan apportionment and an end to this shameful game.

Please, put the country before the fucking incumbents for once.

Reply to this post

Response to leftlibdem420 (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:05 AM

3. I think in California

we have shown we can knock down some targets in Congress. We have some seats that had been called safe taken over and some still too close to call and still being counted. We also have a supermajority in the state house, and voted by initiative to raise taxes on millionaires. I'd say we have a progressive Icon in the governor's mansion, but we don't have a governor's mansion. The current Governor got rid of it decades ago when he was governor. Not a bad bandwagon to get on.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread