HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Inside the Patreous affai...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:35 AM

Inside the Patreous affair

Ok, ok, now I feel we are living a bad spy novel. Anyhow, anybody watched the latest Bond Movie? There is a piece of dialogue that applies just about now. I am paraphrasing, promise no spoilers. "There is a world of shadows. There are dangers lurking in the shadows."

Here is the thing, by my count all that are involved in this nice American version of the Profumo Affair are....wait for it, Neocons. All that we know that is. They range all the way from a certain Authority in Baghdad, to general officers who were part of the whole mess, to yes, members of Congress. Oh and not just back benchers either.

So a few ask about an attempted coup? Well, there are a few tantalizing details. I will throw the prostitute scandal involving the advance Secret Service Detail, and armed services in Colombia...then there is Mitt's excellent adventure of a shitty press conference with shitty Cheshire Cat smile (after Bengazi).

Now, I will be honest, the country cannot afford the necessary trials, but can't afford not to either, if indeed there is more than some raunchy sex. So...I expect this to die, regardless, as raunchy sex.

How many people faced the music in 1933? There you have it.

Welcome to the shadows if indeed there is more than just a sex scandal.

Damn, it makes for a really bad spy novel. But hey...whatever. If this is a deep rabbit hole, I suspect we will not get all the dots... But the shadows are about to get...damn interesting.

Oh and yes, sometimes conspiracies are indeed real...and sometimes they are just figments of our collective imaginations. Time will tell where this bouncy ball will end.

8 replies, 910 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Inside the Patreous affair (Original post)
nadinbrzezinski Nov 2012 OP
yorgatron Nov 2012 #1
nadinbrzezinski Nov 2012 #2
leveymg Nov 2012 #3
nadinbrzezinski Nov 2012 #5
Tumbulu Nov 2012 #4
nadinbrzezinski Nov 2012 #8
libdem4life Nov 2012 #6
nadinbrzezinski Nov 2012 #7

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 AM

1. I haven't heard any calls for impeachment...

so it must be all neocons.
I think 1960 was the last time the Repubs haven't negotiated with our enemies (treason) to influence the election in their favor.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yorgatron (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:45 AM

2. There is a hard civil war in the GOP

So we may not see it, even if I fully expect it.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:49 AM

3. When the first airliner gets hit by a SAM-7 it will all become terribly clear

What this whole Benghazi thing actually was about. Till then, there will be talk about sex.

Reply to this post

Response to leveymg (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:52 AM

5. Al Qaida?

That's how it will be passed.

But I know how you mean it.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:51 AM

4. I wonder if some of the sort of strange performance of our president

in the first debate had something to do with finding out about this. Or finding out enough info to be in a bit of a shock about it...... don't know, but it is all so very odd and I always felt that the Bengazi thing was set in motion somehow by the R's.

Reply to this post

Response to Tumbulu (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:58 AM

8. We might find out

The first debate followed historic norms though.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:52 AM

6. You may be right, but note that in 1933 there was no global digital world.

And there was a pretty firm Good Ol' Boys Gentleman's Agreement ... kind of a hetero version of Don't Ask Don't Tell ... until roughly Gary Hart days. Aren't there still golf courses that don't allow women...in the membership position, that is.

Reply to this post

Response to libdem4life (Reply #6)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:57 AM

7. And then there are small planes.

Something about "dead heroes tell no tales...". Thank you Chairman Liao...(Phrase from game fiction that applies here.)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread