HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Follow the Money State by...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:28 AM

Follow the Money State by State!

A few days back, I proposed a forum to monitor State House candidates. That's a daunting task. The sheer number of Reps alone is enough to send me, a very enthusiastic Dem, into a coma. What's more, as you dive deep into each state, the politics become more and more local which means less context and less actual local reporting.

BUT wouldn't it be nice, at the very least, to know where each State House candidate is getting his or her money?

Well, take a look at THIS!
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/wired-campaign-widget/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired27b+%28Wired%3A+Blog+-+Threat+Level%29

“Corporate influence in politics has gone off the charts, and it’s more important than ever for voters to understand who is financing candidates,” said Evan Hansen, editor in chief of Wired.com. “Maplight has done the hard work of compiling the data. At Wired, we’re happy to help get that information out to the wider public, and share it as broadly as possible with this web-based embeddable widget.”

With that in mind, we’re re-introducing a web-based embeddable widget — for anybody to use — that lists the top 10 donors and their contributions to any member of the House and Senate, their opponents, and the presidential candidates. Wired updated the widget in conjunction with Maplight, the Berkeley, California-based nonprofit dedicated to following money and politics.

Get that? It's a widget that you can add to a blog. Your blog. So get to know each Republican. Find out where they're weakest and strongest and attack them for both. It's time to get these lunatics out of office so sane folks might take their places.

SOURCE:
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/wired-campaign-widget/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired27b+%28Wired%3A+Blog+-+Threat+Level%29

2 replies, 314 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Follow the Money State by State! (Original post)
TheAmbivalante Nov 2012 OP
The Traveler Nov 2012 #1
sasha031 Nov 2012 #2

Response to TheAmbivalante (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:56 AM

1. Very nice! Thanks. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TheAmbivalante (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:59 AM

2. this is amazing work , thank you so much. I'm going to pass this along

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread