HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is Broadwll also a plagia...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 04:39 PM

Is Broadwll also a plagiarist?

I am a HUGE NY football Giants fan and I can't forget that beginning last December and through the playoffs the team's motto was "All In." For cripes sakes, I even have towels with that phrase on it they gave out at the games. Then in January Broadwell comes out with her book titled "All In" about Petreus.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5 replies, 703 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is Broadwll also a plagiarist? (Original post)
Jersey Devil Nov 2012 OP
Renew Deal Nov 2012 #1
HooptieWagon Nov 2012 #2
joeybee12 Nov 2012 #3
Whisp Nov 2012 #5
Blue Owl Nov 2012 #4

Response to Jersey Devil (Original post)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 04:41 PM

1. I don't think that qualifies as plagiarism

Especially if that's all you have. "All in" is not an original thought or idea by someone else.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 05:33 PM

2. Its a poker term, betting all your chips.

Been around for decades, but used more in general use since TV started showing poker.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 05:35 PM

3. She didn't even write the book...look at the title page...it's "With...another guy"

Name escapes me..it's like with celeb bios...the star's name is on the title page, but the "With" whoever is the one who did the actual writing.

Reply to this post

Response to joeybee12 (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 06:11 PM

5. his name is Vernon Loeb and he did the Jessica Lynch fake story

http://mediamythalert.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/wapo-journo-on-jessica-lynch-story-rejoins-paper/

WaPo journo on Jessica Lynch story rejoins paper
In Debunking, Jessica Lynch, Media myths, Newspapers, Washington Post on January 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

Vernon Loeb, one of the Washington Post reporters who in 2003 wrote the botched story about Jessica Lynch’s purported battlefield heroics in Iraq, is returning to the newspaper as its local editor.

Washington Post, April 3, 2003

The electrifying but erroneous story about Lynch, then a 19-year-old Army private, turned her into the single most recognizable soldier of the Iraq War.

In a front-page report published April 3, 2003, the Post anonymously cited “U.S. officials” in saying that Lynch “fought fiercely” in the ambush of her unit in southern Iraq, that she had “shot several enemy soldiers,” and that she had fired her weapon “until she ran out of ammunition.”

But the hero-warrior narrative–published beneath the bylines of Loeb and Susan Schmidt–was untrue.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 06:06 PM

4. Guess the original "Balls Deep" title was rejected

n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread