HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Woman Blames Husband for ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:25 PM

Woman Blames Husband for Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over with Her Jeep

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_southeast_valley/gilbert/gilbert-pd-man-run-over-by-wife-for-not-voting

A Mesa woman was arrested Saturday after she allegedly chased her husband around a Gilbert parking lot in an SUV during an argument over the presidential election.

The woman finally ran over her husband, leaving him with critical injuries.

According to a Gilbert police report, the argument started over her husband's lack of voter participation in the recent election.

---snip---

Witnesses reported a lot of yelling just before Holly got into a Jeep SUV and began chasing her husband through the parking lot near Gilbert and Elliot roads.

"He got out of the car and she was screaming at him. And he started walking away and she started driving in circles around him and she wouldn't let him go so finally he took off to try to get away and she ran into him," a called told a 911 dispatcher.

Daniel reportedly took refuge behind a light pole while Holly drove around the pole several times while continuing to yell at him.
---snip---

According to a police report, Daniel told police his wife is six months pregnant.

11 replies, 984 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Woman Blames Husband for Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over with Her Jeep (Original post)
Snarkoleptic Nov 2012 OP
itsrobert Nov 2012 #1
Snarkoleptic Nov 2012 #2
Chorophyll Nov 2012 #3
Snarkoleptic Nov 2012 #4
Major Nikon Nov 2012 #7
Chorophyll Nov 2012 #10
CakeGrrl Nov 2012 #6
Snarkoleptic Nov 2012 #8
Chorophyll Nov 2012 #11
EvolveOrConvolve Nov 2012 #5
Kaleva Nov 2012 #9

Response to Snarkoleptic (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:34 PM

1. AZ went for Romney

She is one screwed up woMAN.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to itsrobert (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:12 PM

2. At least any pre-existing conditions caused by his injuries will be covered under Obamacare.

A silver lining if I've ever seen one!

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 PM

3. Obama Derangement Syndrome is very real.

People are out of their f*cking minds.

Reply to this post

Response to Chorophyll (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:29 PM

4. There are some choice comments here...

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2012/11/obama_reelection_mitt_romney_holly_solomon_gilbert.php

Most of the people in the country like the lady above need to be doing the Thorazine Shuffle and stay out of politics. Faux News motto should be "The Reason Were all Here Because We Anit All There". Plato stated it the best and Im paraphrasing. "People who dont become in their countrys politics usally end up being ruled by inferiors". Thats we have the Tea Party Republicans.

The campaigns lodged by the Kochs and the Karl Rove Mafia appealed to those who suffer undiagnosed or untreated mental disabilities. They began a grassroots campaign, "promoted" young leaders (the kind who are promoted to Burger King managers in two weeks) and financed every event, all behind the scene. They race-baited, prepared propaganda sheets to stoke the emotions of these people. We've all been witness to their circus rallies, where 9 of 10 signs held high in the air contained hilarious misspellings and complete misunderstanding of issues, such as "Big government sucks. Keep your hands off of my Medicare" and Medicare is a government program. What the Kochs and Rove's Mafia (Hannity, Ralph Reed, Limbaugh, etc.) was cruel and unconscionable and has damaged our society.

It doesn't have anything to do with what liberals or conservatives think, it has everything to do with what the current leaders of the Republican party have actually said.You have a leader of the House who has fully said that the Republican party will never win over the intellectuals or the "thinkers." His words, no one else's.You can't vote for a party that ignores facts and reality in favor of what their world view tells them "feels" right and be surprised that you're helping to create clueless followers.You can't espouse hate filled and at times psychotic ramblings without producing a few hate-filled and at times psychotic people.Common sense says that's what was always going to happen.

...isn't an isolated incident. Conservatives have been so busy demonizing our President that after his legal re-election, that have become unglued. These are not "liberal comments." They are American comments reacting to simple minded conservatives doing one stupid, childish, act after another, often led their by the rhetoric of conservative so-called leadership. Don't like what they're doing? Shut up Glenn Beck, Rush, Coulter, Savage, Rove, and the other sources of apocalyptic angst that are driving these poor sheeples to acts of violence and desperation. You just reap what you sow.

Reply to this post

Response to Snarkoleptic (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:55 PM

7. Like George Carlin said...

Think about how stupid the average American is, then consider that half the people are stupider than that.

If we let these people vote while the rest stay home, the Tea Party is the result. Democrats always have more voter registrations than Republicans. If we could just get out the vote as efficiently as Republicans, they would never be a party of any significance.

Reply to this post

Response to Snarkoleptic (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 11:49 PM

10. I've worried for a long time that the hysteria and fear intentionally drummed up

by some of our fiends in right-wing media would have this affect on people who are already troubled.

There's got to be a point where idiots like Beck and Limbaugh are held responsible for spewing lies about the President and deliberately trying to foment panic and chaos. I mean, if you're all over ClearChannel screaming that Obama is a communist who's going to take everybody's stuff away and give it to the bad people, is that really protected by the First Amendment?

Reply to this post

Response to Chorophyll (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:32 PM

6. Oh yeah

This presidency has been an enlightening experience, to say the least.

Reply to this post

Response to CakeGrrl (Reply #6)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:57 PM

8. Thanksgiving is going to be interesting with my wingnut family.

Last edited Tue Nov 13, 2012, 12:00 AM - Edit history (1)

They're the sort that hang tea bags on the xmas tree and have a sticker that reads "Obama is a commie" on the fridge.
They also have an older rear projection tv that has a faint shadow of the Faux Newz logo burned into the lower left corner of the screen.

Reply to this post

Response to Snarkoleptic (Reply #8)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 11:51 PM

11. I feel for you, Snarkoleptic.

I come from a long line of liberals, for which I'm profoundly grateful. I don't know how I would deal with wingnut relatives.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:29 PM

5. Well that'll teach him

for voting for Obama 62 million times.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 11:00 PM

9. "Daniel told police his wife is six months pregnant."

Was it her hope her child would be born when Romney would have been inaugurated?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread