HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » LOL: Tea Baggers in 20 St...

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 06:09 PM

LOL: Tea Baggers in 20 States petition the President to allow them to secede

Here's Texas'

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

7 replies, 660 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply LOL: Tea Baggers in 20 States petition the President to allow them to secede (Original post)
Ya Basta Nov 2012 OP
meeshrox Nov 2012 #1
geckosfeet Nov 2012 #2
bongbong Nov 2012 #3
geckosfeet Nov 2012 #5
doc03 Nov 2012 #4
PD Turk Nov 2012 #6
cherish44 Nov 2012 #7

Response to Ya Basta (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 06:21 PM

1. Yeah, and I'm sure they'll gladly

forfeit all of their federal dollars and military protection just to spite themselves!

I just saw this on FB from a libertarian friend that wants to sign the petition "just for fun" because it would send a message to the president that people are unhappy with 'the way things are going.' I asked if she could clarify and tell me exactly what the point of the question/comment/message would be and how she would expect the president to answer. We'll see where she goes with that...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to meeshrox (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 06:23 PM

2. the message being - "we are really stupid and have no idea what we are doing"

I guess that they think as long as they have their guns and oil it's all good

Reply to this post

Response to geckosfeet (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 06:42 PM

3. That's not the real message

The real message is "I hate uppity -------"

Their America-hating vestigial brain-like organs are obsessing on that even while they sleep.

Reply to this post

Response to bongbong (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:14 PM

5. Yeah. I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder to some extent.

Wonder what the WH response would be if any state actually reached the threshold for response.

The haters are so blinded by their rage that they can't see that it is the American people who voted. It is their will, expressed in a fair and free election.

The haters can't win playing by the rules. So now they think that they can take their ball and go home. Like they don't have a responsibility to the rest of the country.

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I think that it really is all about them and their selfish hate. Hate not only for the president, but for everyone who voted for him and everything that they stand for.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 07:45 PM

4. What the hell would they do without the federal government handouts?

They are the 47% that Romney called the takers?

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:22 PM

6. Why don't we keep the states

...and just let the damn baggers secede. I'm sure we have some leaky old boats we could send them off in

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:24 PM

7. Just leave then!

Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'

Reply to this post