HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The current John Galt fad...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 04:06 PM

The current John Galt fad -- total f**cking scam...

Here is what I just posted on FB (I have a lot of GOP/Tea Bagger "friends")...

--------------

Here is what's confusing me about the new John Galt fad among CEOs...Paul Ryan, budget guru and VP nominee, was an Ayn Rand devotee. So, what did you think was going to happen when/if he took office?

The pizza CEOs and the coal mining CEOs and the shitty food chain CEOs are all going John Galt on America ostensibly because Obama got elected. But Obama is not an Ayn Randian -- YOUR GUY WAS! Seriously, isn't this what you would have done anyway? If Romney had won, wouldn't you have just laid off all your employees anyway and said it was because of Ayn Rand/John Galt, because that's what Paul Ryan espoused and was nominated for?

I'm calling bullshit. I'm saying Papa John and Mr. Applebee and John "Coal Mine" Murray are totally, 100% full of shit. They were just looking for an excuse to further line their bloated pockets and cut the wages of the workforce which made them rich. Fuck them all.

3 replies, 949 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The current John Galt fad -- total f**cking scam... (Original post)
Atman Nov 2012 OP
phantom power Nov 2012 #1
MidwestTransplant Nov 2012 #2
smaug Nov 2012 #3

Response to Atman (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 04:12 PM

1. Yes, but Romney would have reduced their taxes and stuff...

so they wouldn't have to Go Galt. It would have been Objectivist Paradise1!!11 For the 1%. And as we know, they wouldn't really care about the other 99%

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Atman (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 04:26 PM

2. All these CEOs who are pouting about Obama and won't spend money on growth

are going to have their lunch eaten by their competition.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to MidwestTransplant (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:37 PM

3. Typical CEO is a parasite, not a Galt

"Professional" CEOs (you know, those with a general MBA and no real world working experience) like these clowns can't go Galt. How? What do they provide that is so essential to society that society could not function without them? Remember that the idiot who started the idea of the teabaggin'?

He's a commodity broker; in effect, a middleman whose sole purpose is to make himself a necessary 'broker' between buyer and seller. Read same for stockbroker, "financial advisor", banker and all the parasitic vermin who in the vampiric tradition fasten themselves onto vulnerable victims. Too many people are focused on financial manipulation and not enough on actually, you know, producing something.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread