HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » There Is A Brutal Civil W...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:06 PM

There Is A Brutal Civil War In The GOP, And It Looks Like Karl Rove Will Be The First Casualty

Grassroots Republican operatives and Movement conservatives are quickly turning against the GOP Establishment in the wake of the party's expensive defeat this election cycle.

Republicans we spoke to this week voiced a near-universal disgust with the national Republican Party leaders and Washington political class, who are seen as having put their personal financial interest above winning the election.

As this internecine struggle gathers steam, the first target appears to be Karl Rove, the former Bush campaign mastermind who has dictated much of the GOP's strategy over the past decade.

In the wake of the party's 2012 losses, however, Rove and his well-funded American Crossroads super PAC have become a symbol of misguided Establishment strategy, party cronyism, and Beltway bloat. The fall from grace is perhaps unsurprising, given his group's disastrous performance this cycle. According to a new report, American Crossroads got a mere 1% return on its $104 million investment in 2012 races.

http://www.businessinsider.com/karl-rove-gop-money-civil-war-republicans-2012-11

7 replies, 1203 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply There Is A Brutal Civil War In The GOP, And It Looks Like Karl Rove Will Be The First Casualty (Original post)
HarveyDarkey Nov 2012 OP
patrice Nov 2012 #1
sadbear Nov 2012 #2
louis-t Nov 2012 #3
Warpy Nov 2012 #7
Live and Learn Nov 2012 #4
Laxman Nov 2012 #5
hifiguy Nov 2012 #6

Response to HarveyDarkey (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:09 PM

1. Yeah! so I just put my dog-tags back on, so everyone knows whose side I'm on.

This is about blood.

Military family here.

p

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:12 PM

2. I always knew he'd be the first against the wall...

but I never thought it would be the GOP with the executioner's rifle.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:14 PM

3. I can't imagine ANY donor trusting him EVER again.

2006 = failure. 2008 = failure. 2012 = failure. It's not just "this cycle" that he's been a failure.

Reply to this post

Response to louis-t (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 03:18 PM

7. This is the cycle he lied to his bosses, his lies

being based on speculation by one Neil Newhouse, who decided that the polls all had to be skewed in favor of Democrats based on conjecture and without a single scrap of hard evidence.

He kept lying to them and extorting more money out of them as the season progressed and polls got worse and worse.

His bosses don't care that he consistently lies to the country. I'm afraid they care very much that he's been lying to them. His lies have hit them where they live, their wallets.

I think the signal will be given now that Citizens United can safely be overturned. The wealthy thought they wanted it but now see how it can be used to fleece them of huge amounts of cash while providing negligible return.

Rove, Newhouse and American Cockroach are all history. Newhouse will be lucky to find a job driving a cab. Rove will likely find it expedient to retire offshore under an assumed name.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:17 PM

4. You don't mess with their investments Karl. nt

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:27 PM

5. What Will KKKarls response be?

My tux didn't come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town......

There was a terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault! Pleeease don't kill me!

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:32 PM

6. The circular firing squads are assembling

and the cannibals are consulting their cookbooks and polishing their people-pots. This is gonna be one mother of a fratricidal war. The kooks have the numbers and the grass roots but the 1%ers have all the money.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread