HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Long Line Outside Rom...

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:03 AM

The Long Line Outside Romney's Door and His New Message to Supporters

By DAVID MUIR
ABC News
Nov. 11, 2012

On Friday morning, Mitt Romney and his wife Ann drove themselves to campaign headquarters in Boston. Gone were the secret service detail and the motorcade that had trailed them in the final months of the campaign. Instead of the long lines of supporters waiting to see them, there was now a line of dozens of staffers outside Romney's office door; some waiting to shake his hand, others looking for a quiet moment with the Governor after a loss that stunned a confident campaign Tuesday night.

-snip-

In the hours after his concession speech, Mitt Romney offered praise for his top advisers and donors who gathered at breakfast. According to a source at the breakfast, there was a standing ovation for Rhoades and applause for Mitt's 'Body Man,' Garrett Jackson, who was by Romney's side throughout the campaign. Jackson often captured and tweeted images of the Governor during private moments that spread at lightning speed among Romney's supporters. Among the images was a smiling Romney backstage watching his wife address millions of Americans from the Republican National Convention.

Romney also thanked top strategists Stuart Stevens, Russ Schriefer, Eric Fehrnstrom, and Beth Myers who led the effort to select a vice-presidential candidate. Donor Sheldon Adelson was also cheered, as was Romney's National Finance Chairman Spencer Zwick.

When asked about the President's overture to Mitt Romney during his victory speech on election night, a source close to Romney was unsure if Romney would accept the President's invitation adding Romney is still 'tender,' and bruised by the Obama campaign's portrayal of him, particularly his tenure at Bain Capital.

Even many of those closest to Romney don't know what he'll do next. The Romneys are expected to travel to their San Diego home to spend time with family. Many expect Romney's focus to include board work and the Mormon Church.

More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/long-line-romneys-door-message-supporters

7 replies, 917 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Long Line Outside Romney's Door and His New Message to Supporters (Original post)
UnrepentantLiberal Nov 2012 OP
sadbear Nov 2012 #1
UnrepentantLiberal Nov 2012 #3
kairos12 Nov 2012 #5
Live and Learn Nov 2012 #2
Zambero Nov 2012 #4
Angry Dragon Nov 2012 #6
Marr Nov 2012 #7

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:07 AM

1. "Romney is still 'tender,' and bruised by the Obama campaign's portrayal of him"

Oh cry me a fucking river, you goddam sociopath.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sadbear (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:10 AM

3. I'm wondering how many in that line

where pissed off that he stiffed them when he cancelled the credit cards right after his concession speech.

Reply to this post

Response to sadbear (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:12 AM

5. Apt Words

I love your statement. I would only add this to the political obituary of Romney, "get lost you mendacious kleptocrat."

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:09 AM

2. Ugh, coming to CA to focus on the Mormon Church.

And what exactly was the overture Obama extended? I missed that in his speech.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:12 AM

4. Tender MY ASS!

From day one, Romney opted not to 'tender' his tax returns. Coupled with his not-so-tender 47% speech, he was exposed for what he was. The only thing "bruised" is his reputation. There are only so many lies and reversals that one can undertake before being written off by voters as inauthentic and unfit for office.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:24 AM

6. Perhaps he is going to China to get the jobs back

that he shipped over there and then gather his foreign accounts and bring them back too

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:27 AM

7. If he's that delicate, why did he ever think he could be the President?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread