HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So far, and it's still ea...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 07:21 AM

So far, and it's still early, I don't see much that's sinister in terms of

the administration and timeline.

Time line

- Late summer (up to Sep 22), they determine a link to Petraeus but they're monitoring it
- In Sept, they review legal charges and who to interview
- Late Sept, first interview with Broadwell - she turns over her computer
- Week before the election, they interview Petraeus, who had been in Libya, and I presume at that point, ask Petraeus about the classified documents recently found on Broadwell's computer
- The FBI determines that at this point, there isn't enough to bring charges and advise Petraeus' boss 5pm, the day of the election.
- The evening of the election and the next day, Clapper, Petraeus' boss asks that Petraeus step down
- the following day, two days after the election, Obama is told and Petraeus resigns

If the FBI haven't found enough to bring charges at that point, how serious can this be with respect to the Obama admin?

I'm sure the Republicans can try to make something of it but it has to be tough because Petraeus was a consideration as a GOP candidate for president and no matter what they say about Obama, Petraeus is far more in the wrong on this.

2 replies, views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread