HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Right Wing is just be...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 06:49 PM

The Right Wing is just begging to get spanked again

They're not going to play nice at all. To them, playing nice is nothing more than admitting defeat, which they can never do.

They believe that they just didn't try hard enough, weren't conservative enough, somehow never seemed to achieve enough idealogical purity in order to persuade the American people to kick out that scary black fellow.

The political distillation that brought us people like DeMint and Teabaggerati will now step into high gear. The Republican purge of doubters and wishy-washy types has begun.

If you think that people like Akin and Mourdock are never going to run on any future GOP ticket again, you are mistaken… They're going to double and triple down on the madness.

They haven't figured it out yet, but they are in the process of making Republicans a permanent minority and fringe party of obsessed radicals.

Bring the madness.

17 replies, 1694 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Right Wing is just begging to get spanked again (Original post)
MrScorpio Nov 2012 OP
Submariner Nov 2012 #1
defacto7 Nov 2012 #4
tanyev Nov 2012 #5
CrazyOrangeCat Nov 2012 #11
defacto7 Nov 2012 #2
RagAss Nov 2012 #9
spanone Nov 2012 #3
submerged99 Nov 2012 #6
Arugula Latte Nov 2012 #14
TheMadMonk Nov 2012 #7
MrScorpio Nov 2012 #10
xfundy Nov 2012 #12
CakeGrrl Nov 2012 #8
quaker bill Nov 2012 #13
Skittles Nov 2012 #15
liberaltrucker Nov 2012 #16
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #17

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 06:54 PM

1. Bring the madness? You asked for it

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Submariner (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:01 PM

4. It's funny to me how their bibles are always falling open to something.

It's like throwing dice.

I just threw a bible down and it fell open to a scripture in Proverbs, "Better to live in the corner of an attic than with a babbling woman in a wide house."

Gee, I wonder what revelation that is?

Reply to this post

Response to Submariner (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:05 PM

5. LOL! Honorary DUzy for Aaron Darc!

Reply to this post

Response to tanyev (Reply #5)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:53 PM

11. Yep, sign him up!

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 06:56 PM

2. If they admit defeat...

their god is defeated. If it sounds like a snide remark, it's not. This is really what the issue is with people who are deluded with fundamental religious zeal. The subtext, subconscious text if you please, is just that. Their god lost. If their god lost, then they are lost.

They will not stop.

Reply to this post

Response to defacto7 (Reply #2)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:39 PM

9. Well then. their god got his ass kicked on Tuesday night !!

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 06:58 PM

3. akin & mourdock introduced the language....many others will follow with varying degrees of insanity

the media will give them shelter.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:16 PM

6. Right Wing Radio has been doubling down this week.

I was visiting relatives in a rural area this past week and spent quite a bit of time driving around. I thought I'd listen to right wing radio after the election to hear what was being said and by and large, the radio hosts were doing what they always do--getting angry.

There was no reflection or introspection on their part. Instead they lashed out at the "morons who voted for Obama", told the audience they were the makers and the Democrats were the takers, Romney was too soft and not angry enough etc.

In short, it sounds like they are going to repeat the same alienating messages until their base dwindles to nothing.

Reply to this post

Response to submerged99 (Reply #6)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 08:18 PM

14. The audience for that kind of stuff will continue to die off.

Old angry white men are getting older and older every day and the younger generations are much cooler.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:32 PM

7. Setting it up to die a death methinks.

Could well see a right wing Democratic party and some sort of Green emerge on the New Left if the doubling down and catering to the nutjobs continues apace.

Reply to this post

Response to TheMadMonk (Reply #7)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:46 PM

10. Exactly, I've said that before

The country needs a fully functional, moderate, right of center party in order to have a healthy political discourse. No one should expect the Democrats to fill that void as the Republicans turn into a party of nothing but right fringers.

It's much more than the GOP hurting itself, they are hurting the nation.

Reply to this post

Response to MrScorpio (Reply #10)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 08:03 PM

12. The Democratic Party as it stands today IS the replacement for Repigs.

I haven't seen a dem candidate that is actually liberal, other than Jerry Brown in CA or Kennedy in MA. We've been taken rightward for years. Clinton, the best prez in my lifetime, was right of center, really, IMO.

We need a truly liberal, progressive party. Unfortunately, our party has been taken over by money and is nearly as addicted to it as the repigs. We need to get money OUT of politics, period. Same with lobbyists. We need to get back to the things that made America great, much of which is now gone— individualism, progressivism, science & technology — and we need jobs BACK in the USA.

How disgusting that most anything you can buy anymore is made by communist slave labor. Remember how we learned communists were The Enemy? The repigs, and many money-hungry dems, have sent American jobs to China, India, places where people are desperate to make any money at all. We need to become the nation representing freedom and equality that we were taught in school the USA was all about.

Money and religion have fucked up politics. OUT with both of them. And tax the damned churches.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 07:35 PM

8. I think you're right.

Judging from the RW reactions in the blogosphere, they're beyond reason.

The party either has no idea that blatant disrespect of the nation's first black President, never mind the affronts to pretty much anyone who isn't white, comes with consequences; or they simply need to keep the nuttiest, angriest, most racist faction of their party happy.

They created and nurtured the monster; now they're stuck with it.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 08:06 PM

13. The one good thing in this

is the room it will allow to go left. If the battle is all about who gets the center, then the drive on our side is to compromise to retain them. However if the right really steps out of that battle by going hard right, then it becomes the center that we can take for granted.

It seems that Obama (correctly) took my vote as a given in this campaign, and spent his time and money elsewhere, mostly getting the minority vote to the polls. This I think is a very good thing.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 08:44 PM

15. I am SOOOOOOOO enjoying their public meltdowns!!!

Reply to this post

Response to Skittles (Reply #15)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 09:45 PM

16. Yes INDEED!

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 10:22 PM

17. Republicans and their corporate controlled media are still trying to control the dialogue

and they will... if we let them.

They are behaving as if they won.

These people need to be shamed.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread