HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Believing your own propag...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:16 PM

Believing your own propaganda

It was one thing for Republican voters to buy all the crap that was being peddled before election night that Romney was a sure winner.

But when Romney himself actually believed the propaganda being spewed by the right wing echo chamber, it was an indication that something is seriously wrong with him.

My guess is that those around him were afraid to tell him the truth. They were afraid to tell him that their internal polling was bullshit and that their “we’re going to win” attitude was nothing but false bravado.

Imagine a president who doesn’t want to hear reality. Actually, we don’t have to imagine it. We had one in W and I believe that Romney would have been far worse.

We’ve just had a very narrow escape from the terrifying world Romney would have brought us. And I’m thankful that this sick, self-deluded son-of-a-bitch has just faded away, never to be heard from again.

Too bad the Republican "alternate universe" hasn't gone with him.

1 replies, 518 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Believing your own propaganda (Original post)
Cyrano Nov 2012 OP
Rocky888 Nov 2012 #1

Response to Cyrano (Original post)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:41 PM

1. Msnbc pundit suggested

That president obama give romney a position in his administration. Like head of his new business department, secretary of business. I think it was Andrea Mitchell that said it. Hopefully, president Obama puts the welfare of country above the "lets all work together" idea and let's romney and his brood of theives fade into nowhere.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread