HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OK I've done my first and...

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:11 PM

OK I've done my first and probably last direct 'confrontation', or explanation,

with my 'friends,' high school classmates, who 'like' rmoney. Hadn't done any face-to-face 'challenges,' as we had reunion in September, and didn't want to ruin the event w politics. Today, however, the most prominent of them posted this:

"More despicable behavior by the jackasses that work at MSNBC. what is wrong with the execs there allowing this to happen. and what is wrong with the sponsors of these shows? whay arent't they pulling their support. These 2 dirtbags don't have 1/10th brain power of the man they mocked and laughed at.

MSNBC's Bashir apologizes to young viewers 'frightened' by Krauthammerís face." One 'friend' wrote this from a faux 'story,' so I actually responded to a query 'What's wrong with Bashir, 'Nothing; he's smart, often wise, and usually respectful.

Fox, on the other hand, Lynne, is so OTHER that I don't watch them, and am sorry if friends of mine do watch them, and get what they think is news and information there. That explains the differences among many of us: Those watching Fox are not getting either information or decent analysis. Sorry for disagreements among my friends; I have avoided similarly pointed remarks in the past, but I wanted to point out the likely reason for our disagreements.'

SO, that's off my chest at the moment, hope I don't see/hear anything from them, certainly don't want confrontations, but suggesting negatives about Martin Bashir bugs me. Anyone know anything more about his remarks?

5 replies, 776 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply OK I've done my first and probably last direct 'confrontation', or explanation, (Original post)
elleng Nov 2012 OP
MineralMan Nov 2012 #1
Kookaburra Nov 2012 #2
MineralMan Nov 2012 #3
Scuba Nov 2012 #4
OldDem2012 Nov 2012 #5

Response to elleng (Original post)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:13 PM

1. Yesterday, I unfriended all non-family members on FB who

liked Romney. FB was kind enough to show me a list of them when I went to Romney's page. Made it easy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MineralMan (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:17 PM

2. I didn't unfriend mine, but

I did unsubscribe from their posts. That took care of their mindless ramblings and ignorance.

Reply to this post

Response to Kookaburra (Reply #2)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:20 PM

3. Yes, that's another option. I've done that for a couple of family

members who can't deal with Obama's win and who keep posting defeatist crap.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:30 PM

4. Once they drink the Fox Kook-Ade, only personal tragedy will change them ...

... I keep my distance from such folks, and avoid politics when I have to be with them. I see this as another good reason to NOT be on facebook.

That said, I will not let their lies stand. For the most part, they know this and avoid saying much at family gatherings, etc.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:42 PM

5. I don't talk to any Republicans if I can help it, and that includes the in-laws....

...I've cancelled my Facebook and Twitter accounts so that I don't have to put up with all the right-wing lies and other hateful rhetoric.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread