HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ferrari auctioning first ...

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 12:57 PM

Ferrari auctioning first F12 Berlinetta in North America for Hurricane Sandy relief

A little help from some friends overseas.

Anyone want to start a DU pool for the auction? We can take turns driving it. Kind of like a timeshare. lol

Stop lurking around your local Ferrari retailer, as the first F12 Berlinetta set to arrive on North American soil won't be sold through traditional channels. Instead,the Italian automaker will auction off its all-new flagship in Texas next weekend in an effort to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. According to Ferrari,proceeds from the special event will be donated directly to the American Red Cross (the money will be earmarked specifically to support the relief efforts).

The special Ferrari will be painted in Rosso Berlinetta with choice of black or cuoio (read: camel) upholstery. Special options will be available (e.g.,the buyer may ask for its hood to be signed by F1 drivers) and the coupe will be delivered with an official letter recognizing its status as the first in North America. As an added benefit,the new owner may attend the Ferrari Corso Pilota driving course at a location of their choice (Fiorano,Italy or Mont-Tremblant,Canada).

Those looking to get in on the action should contact their local Ferrari dealership to bid in person,absentee or over the telephone. For those who can't swing the $300,000-plus price tag,Ferrari has also set up a special Ferrari-American Red Cross contribution page.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/09/ferrari-auctioning-first-f12berlinetta-in-north-america-for-sand/

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/resize/960x638/quality/85/

8 replies, 1059 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ferrari auctioning first F12 Berlinetta in North America for Hurricane Sandy relief (Original post)
justanidea Nov 2012 OP
Sekhmets Daughter Nov 2012 #1
justanidea Nov 2012 #2
Sekhmets Daughter Nov 2012 #4
HopeHoops Nov 2012 #3
jonthebru Nov 2012 #5
madrchsod Nov 2012 #6
justanidea Nov 2012 #7
justanidea Nov 2012 #8

Response to justanidea (Original post)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:02 PM

1. Should bring in really big bucks...

Do you know you can't just walk into a dealership and buy a new Ferrari unless you already own a Ferrari that you bought used? Usually it takes at least 2 previously owned models in order to buy a new one! A manager of a Ferrari dealership told me that about 2 years ago...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sekhmets Daughter (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:07 PM

2. Thats generally true for the more exclusive models.

I think anyone can get a 458 Italia. (The "base" model Ferrari) which costs 250-300k.

But ultra exclusive ones like the Enzo, or the new F70 which comes out next year, require previous ownership and a check for atleast $1 million.

Reply to this post

Response to justanidea (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:23 PM

4. I asked that question myself...he said nope...

Frankly I was shocked...

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:19 PM

3. That's just so cool. Nice wheels.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:24 PM

5. So what do people think this will bring in?

1 million, 1.5 million, 2.0 million... dollars that is.

Reply to this post

Response to jonthebru (Reply #5)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:42 PM

6. 1.75-2 depending on who is bidding

Reply to this post

Response to jonthebru (Reply #5)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:05 PM

7. I'd say about 1-1.5 million

The fact it is the first in the U.S. and can be signed by the F1 team will send the value way above the ~$330k MSRP just on its own. The fact its for charity might also encourage some very rich bidders to start a friendly bidding war to drive the price up. I've seen that happen in charity auctions before.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 11:03 AM

8. Auction happened this weekend at the U.S. Grand Prix. It went for $1.125 million

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread