HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Republicans are BLAMING G...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:49 AM

Republicans are BLAMING GEORGE CLOONEY for Mitt Romney’s Defeat

The Party of Choice for Rapists is in Denial....

So the Republicans have been shocked into disbelief if not into silence by President Obama’s re-election. Impossible as it was for them to believe a black man could inhabit the White House as anything other than a butler or gardener, they are having even more problem understanding how he could have been re-elected. They had managed to convince themselves that it was all a terrible mistake that would be righted when 2012 came along.

- As Rachel Maddow, Jon Stewart, and others have quipped, do the math.

But conservatives do not want to do the math. They look for the most bizarre explanations they can find to rationalize their collective delusion. So we find Tim Wildmon, the president of the American Family Association (AFA) – Bryan Fischer’s boss – and his research director, Ed Vitagliano, getting together with Joseph Farah of World Net Daily to talk about the impossible and their inability to comprehend our shared reality. Fortunately, they didn’t do it in secret and Right Wing Watch was there to listen and to share. As I said, unable to comprehend basic math, the conservatives have come up with all sorts of theories, including what was, up until now, their deepest thought yet: because people want stuff and Obama will give them stuff. Karl Rove even insisted Obama had suppressed the vote! How? By saying bad things about Mitt Romney.

Yes, the Republican Party is the Party of choice for rapists but it is also the party of those with the collective wisdom, knowledge, and emotional development of a third grader.

The Men of the American Family Association Explain how George Clooney Swung the Election to Obama

"....Vitagliano: They said ‘what Hollywood star do women love’ and they found that they love overwhelmingly George Clooney, so what they did is they went and got George Clooney to have a dinner with President Obama and then they had a big fundraiser and they said to women, ‘if you want to have dinner with George Clooney and President Obama here is how much you pay per plate for this big fundraiser.’ They did the same thing in the east with Sarah Jessica Parker, who was a beloved icon of many women. So what they did, and it’s brilliant even while cynical, is they hooked women to Obama through these Hollywood stars. These women were saying well ‘George Clooney loves President Obama,’ and a fair number of them I’m guessing said, ‘so I love President Obama,’ and the same thing with Sarah Jessica Parker. That to me, and this is obviously an overstatement, that to me is not what the Founding Fathers envisioned that when they were hoping for a well-informed electorate being advised of the issues and studying the issues, no, what we’ve devolved to is ‘I love George Clooney, George Clooney loves President Obama, therefore I love President Obama...."

listen :

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/american-family-association-george-clooney-election-obama

-......On the other hand, I haven’t seen a Republican lately who would know the Constitution if it fell on him.

cont'

http://www.politicususa.com/republican-excuse-defeat-134-george-clooney.html

12 replies, 1386 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans are BLAMING GEORGE CLOONEY for Mitt Romney’s Defeat (Original post)
Segami Nov 2012 OP
LiberalEsto Nov 2012 #1
HockeyMom Nov 2012 #2
Mz Pip Nov 2012 #3
undeterred Nov 2012 #4
Enrique Nov 2012 #5
Segami Nov 2012 #7
etherealtruth Nov 2012 #6
myrna minx Nov 2012 #8
djean111 Nov 2012 #9
rurallib Nov 2012 #10
thucythucy Nov 2012 #11
Bjorn Against Nov 2012 #12

Response to Segami (Original post)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:51 AM

1. They will blame anybody and anything

in order to avoid taking a good hard look at their own hate and extremism and selfishness.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:51 AM

2. Why not ROSEANNE BARR????

After all she took votes AWAY from Robme!!!!!!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:52 AM

3. Usually it's George Soros

I'm sure Clooney will be thrilled to learn he has so much power.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:53 AM

4. What about Alec Baldwin?

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:53 AM

5. but Mitt did the same thing

"I love Meat Loaf, Meat Loaf loves Mitt Romney, therefore I love Mitt Romney...."

Reply to this post

Response to Enrique (Reply #5)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:54 AM

7. And Clint Eastwood with his dumb empty chair act...

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:54 AM

6. Yes idiots ... because women will vote for the "good looking" candidate

... women aren't smart enough to parse through details and information and make informed decisions ...

These people truly don't "get it" ... they will continue to lose (I am thankful) by dehumanizing women, people of color ...

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:55 AM

8. My god. They really do think women are stupid.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:56 AM

9. Of course this is ridiculous, but even funnier?

Saying that little pockets of blue are dictating to big swathes of red.
Do they not understand that the red and blue represent land area and not actual numbers of people?
Every time I feel I understand how stupid they are, they crank the stupid up a notch.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:57 AM

10. I think it was Clint Eastwood

The way that man hurt that empty chair's feelings made me sorry for Obama.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 11:06 AM

11. So I guess all the white men

who voted for Romney did it because they're such big fans of Ted Nugent?

It's like they can't help themselves: every other word out of their mouths is an insult to women's intelligence.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 11:07 AM

12. They seem determined to continue to insult women

Suggesting that women don't care about issues but only care about George Clooney is not going to go over well with women. Keep talking Republicans, you are hastening the demise of your party every time you insult women and minorities.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread