HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "The American people...

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:25 AM

"The American people voted for action, not politics as usual."

President Barack Obama, with Vice President Joe Biden, delivers a statement to the press on the economy, in the East Room of the White House, Nov. 9, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

The White House ‏@whitehouse
"The American people voted for action, not politics as usual." -President Obama: Photo: pic.twitter.com/rjVx0RWR

"Iím committed to solving our fiscal challenges," he said. "But I refuse to accept any approach that isnít balanced. I am not going to ask students and seniors and middle-class families to pay down the entire deficit while people like me, making over $250,000, arenít asked to pay a dime more in taxes. I'm not going to do that."

http://on.wh.gov/oEk1Yw

3 replies, 644 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply "The American people voted for action, not politics as usual." (Original post)
bigtree Nov 2012 OP
PATRICK Nov 2012 #1
bigtree Nov 2012 #2
bkkyosemite Nov 2012 #3

Response to bigtree (Original post)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:33 AM

1. They voted for a GOP House

So they voted for Bizarro world.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PATRICK (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:51 AM

2. House races can be determinately local affairs

. . .and can be disconnected in the public's mind from the general political consensus. In this election, the Democratic agenda, and a few progressive issues were strongly favored by voters interviewed. We're going to force House republicans to choose between their wealthy benefactors and the middle-class which makes up the overwhelming majority of their constituency (no matter how they voted). We'll see who gets the most support from Americans when it comes to actual tax policy; not just election-year posturing.

Reply to this post

Response to PATRICK (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:51 AM

3. The jerrymandering caused that house to be cheated and taken from 2010 til now....

Jobs were lost when the tax cuts happened and the word entitlement is making me sick to my stomach. The Republicans got to take the house by controlling the districts and changing them. They are disgusting excuses for human beings and cheaters too. The constant statments from them that the tax hikes would cause job loss is a bold face lie. The word entitlement is a lie. Let the cliff fall...let those tax cuts expire.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread