HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Las Vegas Review Journal ...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:48 PM

Las Vegas Review Journal Repeats Sandy Slander

The Las-Vegas Review Journal ran an editorial today recycling the debunked rumor that nonunion utility crews were turned away from helping with Sandy recovery. If folks could take a minute to call them out in the comments section, it would be greatly appreciated. Here are some more stories debunking this myth

http://www.wsfa.com/story/19987981/ibew-says

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-dalzell/sean-hannity-hurricane-sandy_b_2078865.html

3 replies, 485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Las Vegas Review Journal Repeats Sandy Slander (Original post)
Omaha Steve Nov 2012 OP
Systematic Chaos Nov 2012 #1
Nevernose Nov 2012 #2
Awsi Dooger Nov 2012 #3

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:51 PM

1. It's what you come to expect from a state so well-educated that 98% of the graduates...

...can't make change from a $20 bill.

I made that shit up just now but it's still probably true. I know cuz I'm fortunate enough to live here!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:52 PM

2. It's the worst right wing rag I have ever read

It makes Fox look like Current. Plus they hate teachers. Not teachers' unions, but actual teachers. I would give money to Free Republic before I clicked on one of their links and gave them a penny's worth of advertising; it would do less damage to our country.

Reply to this post

Response to Nevernose (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 12:15 AM

3. In a landslide

And it's more hateful than ever as the editorial board can't accept the demographic shift of the city, and therefore the state. They went nuts when Harry Reid survived two years ago and it would have been similar if Berkley upset Heller this time. That result was the most devastating of election night.

I used to badger the R-J editorial board via subtle comments a few years ago then they caught on and cut me off.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread