HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Anybody familiar with Blo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 04:59 PM

Anybody familiar with Blog & Mablog?

RELIGIOUS BATSHITTERY. . . . I mean total, total, total freak heads. A woman I knew in school has gotten into this shit, and she is clown-car C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it difficult to believe people like this exist-- even WORSE than the tea party folks-- or perhaps the tea party folks are part of this shit?

On edit: If you type in Blog & Mablog on Google search, you'll find it-- definitely a MUST-SEE

5 replies, 2018 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anybody familiar with Blog & Mablog? (Original post)
BigDemVoter Nov 2012 OP
Blue_In_AK Nov 2012 #1
Blue_In_AK Nov 2012 #2
BigDemVoter Nov 2012 #3
Blue_In_AK Nov 2012 #4
muriel_volestrangler Nov 2012 #5

Response to BigDemVoter (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 05:09 PM

2. It's a clever name.

Until I read the rest of your post, I assumed it was the name of a parody site. Are you saying they're serious?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Blue_In_AK (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 05:14 PM

3. Yes!!!

They are 100% serious! They have articles about how women should submit to their men-- and of course women don't like sex, but they must do it out of love for their men-- "Women are made to spread and receive"--oh boy, it just goes on and on and on. . . . Gays, Women, you name it, they hate it.

Reply to this post

Response to BigDemVoter (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 05:18 PM

4. I'll have to check that out.

These folks really are so amusing.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:28 PM

5. Here's Fred Clark ('Slacktivist') on Douglas Wilson, the writer of the blog:

For evangelicals, racism isn’t a dealbreaker, but feminism is

Remember our old friend Douglas Wilson? He writes and speaks for the patriarchal neo-Calvinist “Gospel Coalition,” and is the author of many books sold at Christian bookstores across the country — including the large LifeWay chain.

Wilson caused a stir earlier this year when his description of godly marital sex was, well, horrifically rapey. Wilson wrote:

However we try, the sexual act cannot be made into an egalitarian pleasuring party. A man penetrates, conquers, colonizes, plants. A woman receives, surrenders, accepts.

That prompted many of us to take a closer look at this guy and to wonder how it was that he had come to be a respected voice in American evangelicalism. We wondered this even more when we learned that Wilson isn’t only a proponent of rape culture, but also an apologist for slavery.

LifeWay, to their very slight credit, at least doesn’t carry the book the Douglas Wilson co-wrote with white supremacist and League of the South co-founder Steve Wilkins, Southern Slavery As It Was. Yet the fact that Wilson co-wrote a book with a white supremacist, and that this book argues that slavery was not really all that bad, apparently does not affect LifeWay’s thoughts about carrying other books by the same guy.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/10/18/for-evangelicals-racism-isnt-a-dealbreaker-but-feminism-is/

(Fred is a pro-choice, pro-LGBT, pro-Democrat Christian who I find is the best guide to the loons and bigots that make up the RW of Christianity. The loons he can forgive, the bigots he has a harder time with.)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread