HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Moderate voters show thei...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:40 PM

Moderate voters show their power in West-Murphy nail-biter

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/nov/08/eve-samples-moderate-voters-show-their-power-in/?partner=popular

This is my local paper. The part that I found interesting is this:

The most telling evidence was in Republican-leaning Martin County. West carried the county with 57 percent of the vote, but Murphy won 32,486 votes in Martin County — even though there are only 27,000 registered Democrats in the county.

That means at least 5,400 independents or Republicans opted for Murphy over West in Martin. Murphy's endorsement from longtime Republican Sheriff Robert Crowder, who lost to West in the GOP primary, almost certainly helped boost that number.

People were sick of his crazy talk down here. Even in Martin County. If he keeps pushing this recount bologna he may see that he lost even more votes in his Republican bastion of Martin!!

2 replies, 436 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Moderate voters show their power in West-Murphy nail-biter (Original post)
RockaFowler Nov 2012 OP
MADem Nov 2012 #1
joeybee12 Nov 2012 #2

Response to RockaFowler (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:48 PM

1. They might have done the right thing for the wrong reasons, too.

You have to ask yourself, if the GOP had fielded a white candidate talking the same crazy shit, would they have kept the seat?

I think maybe yeah....

All that said, I'm sick of that nut job West--every time he turns up on my tee vee, I think "Way to represent...NOT." I'm glad he was sent packing. I hope this judge's decision holds:

A Palm Beach County circuit court judge has denied Congressman Allen West's request to impound ballots and voting machines, dealing a blow to his re-election chances.

Judge David F. Crow on Friday decided not to take any legal action in the tight Congressional District 18 race. He told lawyers he knows that the race between West and his Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy was a “hotly contested matter.” But he said it’s not up to the courts to impose requirements on an election.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Allen-West-and-Patrick-Murphys-Campaigns-Head-to-Court-178083111.html

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RockaFowler (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:50 PM

2. I hope he keeps fighting...if he conceded gracefully people would remember that...

Now this is what people remember, effectively ending any future hopes of election.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread