HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » More freeper madness-cutt...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:17 PM

More freeper madness-cutting off family/relatives

A Freeper has been sending hus mentally disabled uncle a check every month. But that uncle voted for Obama, and he's wondering if he should reduce the amount to show "actions have consequences."

Lots of Freepers are shocked, but others are gonna join in

LadyBuck is screwing over her daughter out of spite:
You are doing a kindness, a gift, a charity.

You have NO obligation to provide for, whatever the circumstance, someone who votes against your financial interest.

PS...if you think you’re feeling bad...I just cut off my daughter’s college money, as she felt the need to “express herself” and vote against the family’s monetary well-being in Ohio.

Hope she likes “expressing herself” as she waits tables for next semester’s tuition (and her books, healthcare, car insurance, rent, food...hahaha).

Not a funny hahahaha, but hey, her choice. And I’m all about respecting “choice”. I’m just not going to subsidize it.

x1stcav advocates embracing petty:
You are being both petty and vindictive.

But that’s OK.

I am in the process of cutting off all relatives, friends and business associates who voted for him or who are demonrats.

These people are destroying us. They are the enemy. They deserve to be shunned.

http://vikingkitties.blogspot.com/2012/11/asshattery-is-best-revenge.html

I'd say I'm shocked, but it is FR.

40 replies, 2874 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 40 replies Author Time Post
Reply More freeper madness-cutting off family/relatives (Original post)
SpartanDem Nov 2012 OP
villager Nov 2012 #1
Flashmann Nov 2012 #15
Melinda Nov 2012 #17
abelenkpe Nov 2012 #2
landolfi Nov 2012 #5
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #21
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #23
calico1 Nov 2012 #16
Mariana Nov 2012 #36
The Wielding Truth Nov 2012 #3
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #27
southernyankeebelle Nov 2012 #4
Melinda Nov 2012 #26
southernyankeebelle Nov 2012 #31
Melinda Nov 2012 #32
southernyankeebelle Nov 2012 #33
Brigid Nov 2012 #37
southernyankeebelle Nov 2012 #40
PatSeg Nov 2012 #6
colsohlibgal Nov 2012 #7
sibelian Nov 2012 #8
grasswire Nov 2012 #9
PA Democrat Nov 2012 #18
aletier_v Nov 2012 #10
sufrommich Nov 2012 #11
Arcanetrance Nov 2012 #12
progressivebydesign Nov 2012 #13
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #19
ChisolmTrailDem Nov 2012 #24
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #28
Auntie Bush Nov 2012 #34
Arcanetrance Nov 2012 #35
yashoo Nov 2012 #14
DearHeart Nov 2012 #20
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #29
DearHeart Nov 2012 #39
Marr Nov 2012 #22
sinkingfeeling Nov 2012 #25
WinkyDink Nov 2012 #30
vaberella Nov 2012 #38

Response to SpartanDem (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:19 PM

1. Behold all the good Christians!

n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to villager (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:46 PM

15. Behold all the good Christians!

This!!!.....

Reply to this post

Response to villager (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:47 PM

17. +1

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:20 PM

2. Wish I knew who that daughter was

I'd send her some cash to make up for her hateful parents

Reply to this post

Response to abelenkpe (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:26 PM

5. She's lucky

to have survived this long with a hateful attitude from her parents like that. Sounds like a conditional love dysfunctional family if I ever heard of one. You lost, now let's put on your big boy and big girl pants and to the extent you can behave like mentally healthy adults.

Reply to this post

Response to landolfi (Reply #5)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:10 PM

21. they do need mental health help, perhaps if we had a national mental health clasees/assessment

The entire Republican party behaves like toddlers- more more more mine mine mine!!!

Perhaps upon examination, we would find a common thread with these knuckle draggers. I think we are dealing with a chemical malfunction of some sort, come connectors are not firing up...something is wrong with their brains.

Take for instance, how can they be so openly hypocritical, accusing Obama on everything they have done from destroying the economy, to not preventing Benghazi (after 9/11 !!!! :grrr: ) to the hurricane response. It is so hard for me to take after seeing how many innocent people lost their lives because of those incompetent maniacs. It makes me so angry I want to slap them and I am not a violent person.

So if I am about to be hypocritical on a subject...something happens in my brain and tells me, 'well, maybe I should look at it another way, I don't want to be a hypocrite'

Why don't they have that? Why don't they care if they look like hypocrites? Why don't they have any shame?

Reply to this post

Response to RepublicansRZombies (Reply #21)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:14 PM

23. Why don't they have any shame?

(yes I am replying to my own post)

Is it because we do not shame them enough?

Is it because liberals are too nice?

Because if we do one thing wrong, they are all over us, 24/7.

But we don't want to step on toes, we don't want to embarrass them, we don't want to reduce ourselves to their level?

(Thanks anyone for helping me understand, as I said down thread I have been trying to figure this out for twenty years and I am still stumped)

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:47 PM

16. Sounds like her daughter is enlightened.

And you know, maybe it's better she have to pay for college herself. Then she won't feel beholden to the witch that gave birth to her.

And this mom better hope the daughter remains open minded when she gets to be old and may need her help.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 07:47 PM

36. Most likely she doesn't even exist.

If she does, she probably hasn't been disowned. You know how RWers like to fantasize about doing things like this. The overwhelming majority of them would never actually DO anything.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:21 PM

3. They have to hurt others when they feel, but will not actually hurt. It's sadly immature.

Reply to this post

Response to The Wielding Truth (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:32 PM

27. it is about maturity, and they seem to be stuck at the 4th(that's being nice) grade level

Why don't they have any interest in growing outside of themselves? Why aren't they maturing?

It sure has taught me, age has nothing to do with wisdom.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:23 PM

4. I have 3 other sisters. My one sister lives near the other who makes alot more money than she

does. She has helped her and my one sister helps her back. However 2 are republicans and my sister and I are dems. My sister didn't tell the one that she voted dem. She let her think she voted for Romney. She said it is easier to deal with her and what she doesn't know doesn't hurt. I haven't heard from my 2 sisters who voted for repub.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:22 PM

26. That's just sad.

I feel bad for your Democratic sister, and sad for your other sisters... No one should have to compromise their self respect to, to be anything but open and honest and accepting in relationships. Love should be blind.

Hopefully, we each try to do our best when it comes to loving one another.

Reply to this post

Response to Melinda (Reply #26)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:03 PM

31. Well its just this one thing. They voted for republican because it was a financial deal.

It had nothing to do with his race. We went raised to hate because of someone's background or color. That is one good thing. My one sister is a dentist so it is all about what the republican party can do for her business. By the way I just talked with her. She was laughing and so was I we just don't talk politics. It's just easier that way. By the way she loved Bush II and she said if he ran another term she would have voted for him. I told her he was really bad for the working poor in the country and the middle class.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #31)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:09 PM

32. It's so good that you have that relationship with them.

And you understand that for your one sister it's a financial. It sure sucks that those with next to nothing and who depend on family for assistance have to hold back when it comes to their financial interest. Sisters are wonderful creatures; my 2 sisters and I have become much closer the older we get, and I couldn't imagine having politics drive a wedge of any kind between us. Lucky for me both my sisters are liberals. Anyway, It sounds like you and your sister know how to have a healthy relationship, and that's a good thing.

Reply to this post

Response to Melinda (Reply #32)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:16 PM

33. Funny thing is our older brother and his son are liberals like my on sister and I. Also we

grew up in a liberal home. I guess people no matter what side you fall on you always are looking out for your own interests. But I think liberals care more about lifting all boats together. I do understand where my sister is coming from. People don't realize what expenses they incure in their practices.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #33)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:08 PM

37. I get that your dentist sister thinks . . .

She voted in her financial interests. And I don't doubt one bit that running a dental practice is expensive. But what did she think Romney would have done to benefit her?

Reply to this post

Response to Brigid (Reply #37)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:38 AM

40. Hell if I know I never asked her. LOL. I just remember telling her I am fighting for the people

in the middle class and working poor. I told her that under Bush she has made out pretty good and it's time the middle class and working poor get some breaks. I told her she could cut her trips to Hawaii and maybe go every couple of years. Listen I am very proud of my sister. She works extremely hard in her practice. Many people depend on her and last year she had breast cancer and it effected her clinic. She has bounced backed. She has a set of twins in college and that is a strain financially. I get it. I told her that Obamacare would now help her. But she is against it because she said she is going to have to pass the cost to her patients.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:30 PM

6. I'm sure there are a lot liberal family/relatives

who are grateful to be "cut off".

Screwing one's daughter financially is just plain mean though.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:31 PM

7. Amazingly Cold, Misguided, and Vicious.

These people are true losers who are twisted and morally bankrupt.

If my kids became wingnuts I'd try to convert them but I wouldn't cut them off. No matter what you have to distinguish between the act and the person.

The far right fringe should be in a padded room.

Reply to this post

Response to colsohlibgal (Reply #7)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:33 PM

8. Well, plenty of people on DU have encouraged others here to do similar things from the our side...

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:33 PM

9. yeah, the big spender has been sending $30/month!

And he wants to cut that to half or none.

What a chump.

Reply to this post

Response to grasswire (Reply #9)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:48 PM

18. And the uncle stands to lose MUCH more under Republican policies.

Cuts to Medicaid, cuts to Social Security and cuts to just about every program that assists people living with disabilities. I wish I had the uncle's name. I'd gladly replace the $30 a month so he can tel that asshole of a nephew to stick his check where the sun don't shine.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:34 PM

10. So Love has a Pricetag! Freepers support legal prostitution?

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:37 PM

11. Freepers are massive bullshitters. If you were to believe them

all freepers are wealthy job creators who hold great sway among their friends and relations ,own stocks worth millions and live in gated McMansions .

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:37 PM

12. It happened to me

Since the election my mom, aunt, uncle, and, grandmother haven't talked to me since in fact my grandmother told me not to call anymore since I want her dead so badly. I don't even know how to react to this level of crazy

Reply to this post

Response to Arcanetrance (Reply #12)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:40 PM

13. That's horrible!! I'm sorry for you having to deal with a family behaving badly.

Truly, if they would put what they heard on FOx News ahead of their own family, then hopefully you can move on and find healthy relationships with friends and perhaps other family members that aren't deranged.

I have a greeting card I bought a long time ago, with a pic of a dog on it. It reads "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" Sounds like it's time to focus on that.

Reply to this post

Response to progressivebydesign (Reply #13)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:59 PM

19. that's easier said than done- it is emotionally devastating to have family like this

I have family that treated me this way twenty years ago, took my inheritance from my Grandma because they did not agree with my political views. I turned the other cheek but they continued to treat me with disrespect as if there was something wrong with me. Until it almost ruined my health and I realized I could no longer attempt to make them happy, I have more important priorities. But there is a hole in my life, and a wound that will not heal.

It is sick and twisted to do this to your child, almost impossible to live with and be emotionally healthy.

I have spent 20 years and a degree in psychology trying to figure out what would make people behave this way toward their children, choose money and politics over their own children, be so mean and hateful toward their own children. There is something very wrong with their brains, and their need to hate hate hate. Strangely those proclaiming to follow God seem to be very hateful, the opposite of God. God is Love.

Still haven't figured them out though, but this isn't just a result of current brainwashing or Romney brain drain, this is part of the Republican brain malfunction, perhaps what led them to Limbaugh/Beck in the first place.

Reply to this post

Response to progressivebydesign (Reply #13)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:16 PM

24. To anyone reading this response...

Is there a good book by a sociologist or psychologist or whatever about the effects of Fox News propaganda on society as a whole. It's very clear their role in radicalizing the extreme right and that role has resulted in profound damage to this country. I'd like a better understanding of FNC's effect on our nation from a professional.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #24)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:58 PM

28. I'd like to read that too

n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Arcanetrance (Reply #12)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:49 PM

34. I sorry Arcanetrance! That really sucks! Welcome to DU! What took you so long?

I have some relatives I haven't heard from yet. I sure hope they don't like that!

Reply to this post

Response to Auntie Bush (Reply #34)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 07:30 PM

35. Thank you

I really don't know what took me so long I have visited the site thought about signing up but I am usually so busy I'm not online much

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:43 PM

14. "Not a funny hahahaha, but hey, her choice. And I’m all about respecting “choice”

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:05 PM

20. Funny how it's only their opinion that matters!

I have a sister who cut me out of her life recently. I'm not accepting of her and her husband's beliefs!! Yet, I never talk to her about political stuff....only to my brother, SIL, father and mother. The rest of the family are ALL RWs too! She and her husband are the ones who can't accept our beliefs and they're the ones who are always starting the political fights!!! Will probably be spending the holidays by ourselves!! At this point, no big loss!!

Reply to this post

Response to DearHeart (Reply #20)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:02 PM

29. they are so offended if you say something they don't like, like we weren't allowed to talk about W

Did we get to openly criticize W for his 9/11 response? The fact Rumsfeld has no idea what happened until a plane hit the pentagon, an hour after a plane hit the WTC. The hijacked planes weren't intercepted because Rumsfeld said our radar was 'pointing outward' and Cheney was in charge of NORAD that day.

They were so freaking incompetent, and their incompetence resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans here, millions of innocents overseas, the looting of our treasury in order to grossly violate our Constitution and international law...and to hear them go on and on about Benghazi is making me so angry

Reply to this post

Response to RepublicansRZombies (Reply #29)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 12:56 AM

39. I completely agree with you!

8 years of Bush & Co with all the shit they pulled and got away with; 9-11 incompetence, the Patriot Act, Spying on American citizens, lying us into a war (with thousands dead on both sides), outing an undercover CIA agent, the crash of the economy, etc., and we weren't (and we're still not) allowed to say one disparaging remark about any of it and especially the people involved!!! Now they're going apeshit over Benghazi!!! Really?? Where was the outrage during the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld administration??

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:13 PM

22. I *guarantee* you she wasn't paying for her daughter's schooling anyway.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:18 PM

25. Dear Freepers, please start your shunning by not trolling on DU.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:04 PM

30. Good riddance to the shunners!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:12 PM

38. I always said Republicans were evil. I won't waste my time with one. n/t

Reply to this post