HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is this True-Need help-Ha...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:03 PM

Is this True-Need help-Has anyone else heard of Nationwide refusing employees health insurance

Because of Obamacare. Is there anyway to refute this a link or something. I can't quite figure it out.

6 replies, 690 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is this True-Need help-Has anyone else heard of Nationwide refusing employees health insurance (Original post)
barbiegeek Nov 2012 OP
SoCalDem Nov 2012 #1
arcane1 Nov 2012 #2
subterranean Nov 2012 #3
barbiegeek Nov 2012 #4
subterranean Nov 2012 #6
sinkingfeeling Nov 2012 #5

Response to barbiegeek (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:13 PM

1. Regardless of the "reason", this is the MAIN reason why we must eventually get to Univerasl coverage

single payer..Government /..coverage

As long as employers get to choose to cover or not cover, we are playing Russian Roulette with the nation's citizens.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:16 PM

2. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:20 PM

3. Where did you hear about it?

Did you hear it from a credible source? Are you talking about full-time or part-time employees? It's hard to give an answer without more details. But it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that Nationwide stopped offering health insurance for its employees because of Obamacare, which hasn't even fully kicked in yet. They would have received a lot of bad publicity if they did that, but a Google search turned up nothing. In fact, one survey rated Nationwide as one of the "healthiest companies to work for."

Reply to this post

Response to subterranean (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:38 PM

4. An old classmate who's husband needs a kidney transplant works there and is freaking out

I told her that the coworker she worked with was wrong. I just couldn't find any info either and thought maybe on here someone would know how I could refute it. Or if it was illegal

If you have ever had a really sick loved one-you are exhausted and can't think straight.

Thank you

Reply to this post

Response to barbiegeek (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 04:17 PM

6. Tell your former classmate to check with the company's HR dept.

From what you say, it sounds like she was relying on information from a co-worker, who may or may not be in a position to know. If she has insurance and her husband is on it, he should be covered.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread