HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Oh good grief the plague ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:44 AM

Oh good grief the plague never ends: George P. Shrub files intent to run for office in Texas

To those who have derided my beware-of-Jeb-Crow-Shrub posts on the grounds that: 1) Shrub ruined the B.F.E.E. brand forever and 2) Jeb Crow now looks too puffy to run::

The B.F.E.E. has been feeding at the public trough for generations and there's more than one Shrub to skin a tree or whatever snappy line somebody (else, not me) can invent.

Jeb Crow is not stupid, is therefore dangerous, speaks beautiful Spanish, is married to a Mexican, is a Catholic, and Hispanics are so needy that they will vote for a seemingly kind smile. P-Shrub looks somewhat JINDAL geeky and the level of his appeal to Hispanics is undetermined. Anyway, given the ease with which the Cuban TeaBagger Ted CRUZ just plucked SIX EFFING YEARS as a senator, deepest continuing sympathies to any Blues in Texas.

*********QUOTE********

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GEORGE_P_BUSH_CAMPAIGN_FILING?SITE=JRC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

'Next Bush' makes campaign filing in Texas

By SCHUYLER DIXON
Associated Press

DALLAS (AP) -- George P. Bush, a nephew of former President George W. Bush and son of one-time Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, has made a campaign filing in Texas that is required of candidates planning to run for state office, an official said Thursday night.

The younger Bush, a Fort Worth resident, filed a campaign treasurer appointment Wednesday, a requirement for someone to become a candidate under campaign finance law, Tim Sorrells, general counsel for the Texas Ethics Commission, told The Associated Press.

Sorrells said the report does not specify what office Bush might seek, if any, and he had no other details on the filing, which wasn't available online. Bush did not immediately reply to an email seeking comment, and no phone listing for him could be found.
The 36-year-old said in September his goal was to run for office and acknowledged that he had his eyes on several statewide offices. ....

Bush and his wife, Amanda, met while attending law school at the University of Texas at Austin. After working as a lawyer, Bush became a partner in a real estate investment firm. He has started his second company, St. Augustine Partners, a business consulting firm aimed at small- and medium-market energy industries.

Bush also has Navy service on his resume, including a six-month deployment to Afghanistan, where, for security purposes, he was given a different name. Not even those he was serving alongside knew he was a Bush.

---

**********UNQUOTE**********

22 replies, 1434 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 22 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oh good grief the plague never ends: George P. Shrub files intent to run for office in Texas (Original post)
UTUSN Nov 2012 OP
sinkingfeeling Nov 2012 #1
UTUSN Nov 2012 #2
TxBluebonnetDem Nov 2012 #3
Mariana Nov 2012 #4
UTUSN Nov 2012 #5
Berlum Nov 2012 #6
Walk away Nov 2012 #11
hifiguy Nov 2012 #12
randome Nov 2012 #7
UTUSN Nov 2012 #14
Horse with no Name Nov 2012 #8
hifiguy Nov 2012 #9
Berlum Nov 2012 #10
EmeraldCityGrl Nov 2012 #13
UTUSN Nov 2012 #15
SoCalDem Nov 2012 #16
sadbear Nov 2012 #17
UTUSN Nov 2012 #22
aint_no_life_nowhere Nov 2012 #18
bongbong Nov 2012 #19
ellie Nov 2012 #20
Spirochete Nov 2012 #21

Response to UTUSN (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:47 AM

1. Just as long as you keep him in Texas.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sinkingfeeling (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:53 AM

2. *Moi?!1* It's outside of my control. The B.F.E.E. has chosen their fiefdoms. CT didn't keep them.n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:01 PM

3. ~Sigh~

Geeze....And away we go...Freakin awesome, I just can't want, I'm so freakin excited--said no self respecting Dem in Texas ever...And the crazy gets better---Marco Rubio is headed to Iowa to speak at some shindig with the Iowa Guv...They certainly didn't waste any time in getting the carnival wagon for 2016 fired up.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:08 PM

4. Someone on FreeRepublic said:

"We must find this lab and shut it down."

May be the first time I ever agreed with a Freeper.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:09 PM

5. Plus I was just a 4-yrs enlisted nobody, does the military have a special 6-mos enlistment?

Did P-Shrub enlist in a branch special to the B.F.E.E. to come and go at will?!1 Does he have a reserve uniform we can see him in, does he have to attend meetings, was he AUDITING the military?!1 Anybody who knows more arcane military details, please advise.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:10 PM

6. Shrub, Jr. Vs. Joe Kennedy

Coming soon to a planet near you.

Unless Shrub, Jr. follows Republcian Tradition and goes AWOL.

Joe Kennedy - Congressman elect from Massachusetts, about to take Barney Frank's seat:

Reply to this post

Response to Berlum (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:16 PM

11. WOW! nt

Reply to this post

Response to Berlum (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:18 PM

12. Man, does he look like his grandfather Bob.

It's eerie.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:10 PM

7. So is this guy a Republican? A Democrat? What?

Reply to this post

Response to randome (Reply #7)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:28 PM

14. I'll take this as a seriously posed question, so, the answer is, he's a Rethug.

I've never heard of a Democratic B.F.E.E. member, despite a wife here or there maybe pro-Choice, and if I'm wrong somebody will know. The link also says:

**********QUOTE*******

Raised in Florida, Bush decided to settle in Texas, home to his uncle and his grandfather, former President George H.W. Bush. He runs a consulting firm and has been active in Republican Party outreach to college students. He's also the co-founder of Hispanic Republicans of Texas, a group that seeks to elect Hispanic candidates.

********UNQUOTE*******

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:11 PM

8. My guess is that they know what all Texans know

Ted Cruz is an unmitigated disaster and will be kicked to the curb.

I predict he will run for Senator next cycle.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:11 PM

9. The Bush Crime Family should be extirpated

root and branch from the public life of this country. In perpetuity. Since they began with profiteering in the Civil War, nearly every sneaky, corrupt, duplicitous and murderous thing this country has been involved in for the last 150 years has seen a Bush in the immediate vicinity.

They are America's Borgias.

ETA: The entire family, out to the third degree of consanguinity from Prescott Bush, should be marched at gunpoint into a plane headed for Saudi Arabia or Dubai and not one of them should ever be allowed to set foot in this country again.

Reply to this post

Response to hifiguy (Reply #9)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:13 PM

10. Latter Day Nazis endorse Shrub, Jr.

"Vee haff always supported the BFEE, and you can count on us to keep on supporting them."

- Latter Day Nazis

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:19 PM

13. This was my post on a thread last Sept.

EmeraldCityGrl (4,048 posts)
37. I'm thinking Jeb's son George P. Bush.

He's Latino and they will use that to capture the
Latino vote. He's been groomed since he was 12 yrs. old
And spoke at the Repub convention on behalf of his
Grandfather.

http://sync.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=1388876

I have been watching him for a few years. If ever there was a manchurian candidate this is it.

Reply to this post

Response to EmeraldCityGrl (Reply #13)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:30 PM

15. Yeah, whenever I post Beware-Jeb posts, they're all poo-pooed. n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:32 PM

16. It's the "family business".. no surprise here

Obama's team needs to set up shop in TX and register EVERY dem they can find and prep them for a Blue Texas

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:43 PM

17. Who's he going to run against?

He's either going to have to run against a sitting republican or hope for one to retire. There's not that many elected Democrats in Texas and our districts are so gerrymandered that most Democratic incumbents are pretty safe.

Reply to this post

Response to sadbear (Reply #17)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:38 PM

22. He didn't specify the office to run for. If a BFEE member wants it, get out of the way. n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:48 PM

18. It's because of that luscious taste of Bush feces Republicans are addicted to

Chimp Bush only was able to can a finite amount of Bush brand shit for spreading on crackers and adding to bean dips at Republican focus groups and conferences. Now they're running out.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:03 PM

19. BFEE?

I thought it was BCF - Bush Crime Family.

Reply to this post

Response to bongbong (Reply #19)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:08 PM

20. BFEE

Bush Family Evil Empire

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 01:33 PM

21. "Vote for me

or I'll cut cookies on your front lawn with my car!"