HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » LOL !!! - Interesting Tak...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 AM

LOL !!! - Interesting Take On The Election In This LTTE

I like the GOP just the way it is so Democrats win
Published: Thursday, Nov. 8, 2012 - 1:11 pm

Re "Rapid change in electorate tests GOP" (Page A1, Nov. 8): I embrace Democrats' optimism that more Republicans in Washington will begin to abandon Grover Norquist, Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh. But I don't want the GOP to learn a lesson from its latest trouncing and reinvent itself.

I don't want the GOP to embrace more minority voices, or to begin advocating for fair taxation, or to seek federal regulation of anything, or to exit every woman's uterus, or to tolerate my marriage, or to recognize the realities of climate change and evolution. It just wouldn't be the same GOP, and I like the party just the way it is now: disconnected and desperate.

I hope that the GOP continues to be obstinate in everything it does so that Democrats always remember why they must remain liberal, so that Democrats stay liberal and never, never give up fighting ignorance, intolerance and fear.

-- Steve Cirrone, Sacramento

Link: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/11/08/4971094/i-like-the-gop-the-way-they-are.html

2 replies, 750 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply LOL !!! - Interesting Take On The Election In This LTTE (Original post)
WillyT Nov 2012 OP
freshwest Nov 2012 #1
WillyT Nov 2012 #2

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:34 PM

1. They will find minorities who they can talk into all the rest. Beware Jorge. Prepare for 2014.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 04:17 PM

2. Kick !!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread