HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Disney is complaining abo...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 08:14 AM

Disney is complaining about $1.4 *Billion* in profit?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49748157

They were pumping money into GOP coffers all the while raking in tons of money (even off of revenue lower than analysts thought)

Mean old tax miser Obama!

5 replies, 599 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Disney is complaining about $1.4 *Billion* in profit? (Original post)
Roland99 Nov 2012 OP
Whovian Nov 2012 #1
d_r Nov 2012 #2
Roland99 Nov 2012 #3
d_r Nov 2012 #4
KurtNYC Nov 2012 #5

Response to Roland99 (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 08:22 AM

1. One would think NBC could afford a copy editor.

"Disney recently announced it would by Lucasfilm and the "Star Wars” franchise..."

Spell check only does so much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 08:39 AM

2. where is the part about pumping money in to GOP coffers?

I'm no fan of Iger, but I didn't see any complaining about making a profit. He said he is "hopeful and optimistic" after the election, and I thought when he was speaking of not going back to the precipice of economic collapse he was talking about the Bush recession. I thought that he was chiding congress not to be obstructionist. Of course he is going to promote lower corporate tax rates, that is what his role is, but he spoke of promising trends in the economy such as higher bookings at the theme parks and cruise ships in USA and Europe. I didn't take his comments the way that you did.

Reply to this post

Response to d_r (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:52 AM

3. 90% of Disney's campaign donations in FL went to Republicans >>>>

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-27/news/os-disney-political-spending-20120928_1_walt-disney-world-disney-spokesman-bryan-malenius-florida-elections

Walt Disney World has spent nearly $2.5 million on political candidates and causes in Florida so far this election cycle, according to an Orlando Sentinel review of state records, as the giant resort attempts to influence elections from the Keys to the Panhandle.

Disney's political spending in Florida has ballooned to unprecedented levels: It has spent nearly twice as much money as it had at this same point during the 2010 elections, and it has spent about six times as much as it did during the entire 2008 cycle.

Nearly 90 cents of every dollar that Disney has spent on Florida campaigns in this election has gone to Republican candidates or Republican-leaning interest groups, according to the Sentinel's analysis. Republicans control the Governor's Office and Florida Legislature.

The contributions range from hundreds of $500 donations to individual legislators — many issued through company subsidiaries such as Disney Photo Imaging LLC and Magic Kingdom Inc. — to a single, $250,000 check made out to a committee controlled by the Florida Chamber of Commerce.

Reply to this post

Response to Roland99 (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:43 PM

4. damn hollywood liberals

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:48 PM

5. Scrooge McDuck is running their accounting dept

Reply to this post