HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Want to start a drinking ...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 05:59 AM

Want to start a drinking game using "fiscal cliff?" I would be comatose by now

if we did. Boehner trotted that handy-dandy little phrase out there yesterday, and lo and behold, the press ran with it. Local news here was fiscal cliffing all over the place. Do we not have some enterprising Dem that can get up there and call them on this BS. Fiscal cliff implies either-or mindsets. Like it or not, Republicans have to be trained to learn compromise again. They have bullied their way through the past 14 years. This is where the re-education camps come in.

The only fiscal cliff they are talking about is the one called "Tax Increases for the Wealthy."

1 replies, 562 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Want to start a drinking game using "fiscal cliff?" I would be comatose by now (Original post)
Skidmore Nov 2012 OP
Spider Jerusalem Nov 2012 #1

Response to Skidmore (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:10 AM

1. Bush tax cuts expire, automatic cuts in spending, particularly defence spending

it's kind of funny really. Right-wingers fucking hate Keynesianism EXCEPT for military Keynesianism. When it's government spending on military contracts, they're all for it. Anything else, no thanks. Although the combination of tax rises and spending cuts probably means economic contraction, potential recession and maybe worse; see: 1937. Couple tax increases with mandatory government spending cuts and layoffs of government workers, and reduced private-sector economic activity, and the resulting picture has the potential to be a bit grim (as in Europe just at the moment).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread