HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Billionaire Whose Letter ...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:11 AM

Billionaire Whose Letter Promised Mass Layoffs After Obama Win, Gives Workers Raises

Billionaire Whose Letter Promised Mass Layoffs After Obama Win, Gives Workers Raises

The private timeshare mogul and Mitt Romney supporter who swore mass employee layoffs if President Barack Obama won reelection has had a change of heart.

Earlier this year, David Siegel, the founder of Central Florida Investments and Westgate Resorts, emailed a letter to his employees warning them to vote for Romney or else. However, after Obama won the election on Tuesday, instead of firing some of his 65,000 employees, Siegel decided to give them raises.

The anti-Obama Siegel opened up about his change of heart. "I’m going to work my hardest to keep the company going and expand the best I can," Siegel told Bloomberg Businessweek. "We’ll see what happens. Meanwhile I gave everybody in the company a raise this week—the average was 5 percent. I wanted to help them handle the additional burdens the government will put on them."

Siegel, whose 90,000-square-foot Florida "Versailles" mansion may be the biggest in America (once it's finished being built), insists he did not influence his employees to vote in any way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/david-siegel-westgate-letter-layoffs-firings-obama-win-victory-raises_n_2092582.html

2 replies, 751 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Billionaire Whose Letter Promised Mass Layoffs After Obama Win, Gives Workers Raises (Original post)
The Straight Story Nov 2012 OP
Walk away Nov 2012 #1
Egalitarian Thug Nov 2012 #2

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:28 AM

1. I'll bet they stayed in line all night to vote for President Obama...

They all must be ecstatic to screw this monster and get raises.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:33 AM

2. He's afraid of blowback. He's already the biggest shit in a cesspool industry and he has a lot of

competition from other con-men in this scam industry. Even a 5% reduction in the number of suckers could sink the whole thing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread